Soundcard for the Countryman Type 85? :)

texisthebest

Dec 23, 2009
My cave
Hi guys, I have bought a Countryman Type 85 for having better DIs with my guitar.:Smokedev:

The coutryman has a XLR output but my M-Audio Audiophile USB doesn´t have an XLR input. :(

So I thinking about changing my soundcard to get a high quality input. :kickass:

This is a hobby so I have little money for this.
And this are my ideas for new soundcard:

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Steinberg UR22
Roland UA-55 Quad-Capture

Any opinions about them?

Cheers!:)

You will need preamp for Juli@, it has only line inputs, just like Audiophile :)
Sadly, that there no comparison with PCI version of Juli@, maybe for modern PCs PCI-E cards are more stable.

Why spend $180 on a DI when you're going to put it through low end converters and (I'm assuming) a low end monitoring system?

I had a Type 85 months ago and there was no audible difference between it and any of the built-in DI inputs on the 2 interfaces I compared it with (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 & RME UFX). Reversing phase on one left only a tiny bit of signal to the point where the difference was MAYBE 1% better. I sent the thing back and got a cheapo $30 AxMax DI as a signal splitter to record a DI track and an amped track at the same time and never looked back.

1% difference can be due to distortions, specifications of Type 85 claims that it have 5 Vpp with 1% THD, pretty high distortion level for studio device that intended for lowest possible coloration.