SoundReplacer and stereo samples

vespiz

Mixing!
Feb 15, 2007
Tampere, Finland
metalmixing.com
Hi!

Search function didn't bring anything up, so I thought I might contribute something! (This might be old news to some, but what the heck...)

While we were mixing our record, the ME showed a neat and simple work-around for using stereo files with SoundReplacer.
Split the stereo file into two mono files (name them L and R, for instance).
Run them through SR separately into two mono tracks, then combine these two mono tracks into one stereo track. Simple, eh? :)
This was one of those "head-slapping" moments...

Works great on those samples mr. Sneap posted.

If anyone has a simpler way to do this, then please, chime in!

Hi!

Search function didn't bring anything up, so I thought I might contribute something! (This might be old news to some, but what the heck...)

While we were mixing our record, the ME showed a neat and simple work-around for using stereo files with SoundReplacer.
Run them through SR separately into two mono tracks, then combine these two mono tracks into one stereo track. Simple, eh? :)

Works great on those samples mr. Sneap posted.

Good god.
why did i never think of that!!

Hi!

Works great on those samples Mr. Sneap posted.

Sorry I'm an idiot but I don't get it...... If you care to try and explain thats cool but I just have to be honest and say I'm lost. I use Andy samples in drumagog on mono channel am i missing something were i should be using in stereo some how?

Andy´s samples are stereo files. I think there´s some stereo room ambience in those files so using them in a mono channel isn´t the best option. I guess that drumagog supports stereo files, i´m not sure. Aptrigga does, that´s what I´m using.

Some drum samples are in stereo because they include reverb or something to make them sound bigger.

Obviously SR doesn´t support stereo files so you have to split the file into two mono files.