Soundtrack for winter

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
Well, the summer has falleth upon us (here in America at least) and I am awaiting the cold dreary season that bringeth the presence of the howling winds under a moonlit night admist the ever-falling snow...iirc...lol....

I am interested in recommendations for wintery music, not necessarily depressing but something solemn in order to bring the spirits of the winter abound, please post recommendations, I have a list of a few that I have been playing lately:

Agalloch - Falling Snow (and everything off of AATG) - this song is currently in my most played and gives me the feeling that the title suggests and is perfect for the mood I am looking for

Opeth - Hours of Wealth - Not necessarily 'Wintery' but an amazing song imo and have been playing it for a while, one of my favorites

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky (Album)

Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, David Sylvian, Bjork, Portishead, The Cure...on the soft side.

Katatonia, A Perfect Circle, Rapture, Emperor, Demon Burguer,Akercocke...on the heavy side.

"MotW - Leaving your body map" comes in mind. Can't pinpoint why exactly though. I strongly recommend it to you Metal_Wreath. It's not exactly ultra depressive, but it's awesome noneless.

well if you lived in northern montana/Canada you'd know Immortal's At the Heart of Winter is what best suits the outdoors when its -30 below zero.

the_drip said:
well if you lived in northern montana/Canada you'd know Immortal's At the Heart of Winter is what best suits the outdoors when its -30 below zero.

Honestly, -30 is ridiculous. I'm so happy I live in Australia, where the lowest it gets to is -5, in the middle of the night, in the dead of winter. Mid winter day time is usually about 10-15 degrees celsius.

biggsy said:
Honestly, -30 is ridiculous. I'm so happy I live in Australia, where the lowest it gets to is -5, in the middle of the night, in the dead of winter. Mid winter day time is usually about 10-15 degrees celsius.

its only ridiculous if you're a pussy....or you don't have indoor heating.

metal_wrath said:
Opeth - Hours of Wealth - Not necessarily 'Wintery' but an amazing song imo and have been playing it for a while, one of my favorites
hmm hours of wealth always felt kinda summery to me... is this the song you pretend to like in order to convince ppl you're not a brainless metalhead? ;)

prowlergrig said:
hmm hours of wealth always felt kinda summery to me... is this the song you pretend to like in order to convince ppl you're not a brainless metalhead? ;)
wtf are you going on about?

BTW, this song is actually very sombre and depressing and goes perfect with the winter mood

I couldn't see how any Opeth songs would work with the summer, nor do they mention the summer in any of their songs.

metal_wrath said:
I couldn't see how any Opeth songs would work with the summer, nor do they mention the summer in any of their songs.

im pretty sure you're not being sarcastic because you're a fucking moron, but i can think of 3 opeth songs off the top of my head that actually have the word "summer" in them.