Winter

Winter has finally hit Denmark. Half the country is covered in snow and some towns are more or less cut off from the sorrounding areas.
Some pics (not mine!):

page-1.html

page-6.html

The other half of the country, including where I´m at, is the good old boring cold, grey, rain... *gahhh*
The only snow we´ve had here melts away right away, while just about 10 km from here it looks a bit like this:
page-14.html

make sure to warm yourself with massive amounts of Øl
we're not in Afghanistan anymore, Toto.

It's been a lonely year without you, man

yesterday when was on my way home from university it was hailing and raining like a conchasumadre...lucky for me i got on my ride in the few moments it wasn't raining and got offmy ride in the few moments it wasn't raining...haven't even used an umbrella in the past few days.

It's very unusual to have hail storms and snow in mid march here...it's usually spring time already though I remember last year on april 1st at night it was raining like crazy...I remember that because it was Opeth's concert in tel aviv and my friends and I parked pretty far from the theater club and got soaking wet on the way to the car.
seasons have shifted...

Agggh it's El Niño all over again. Not really weather's always weird, I remember when I was in Spain in the middle of August there was a storm with hail the size of tennis balls, the only signs of it the next morning were big dents in car roofs and pine needles everywhere.

yesterday when was on my way home from university it was hailing and raining like a conchasumadre...lucky for me i got on my ride in the few moments it wasn't raining and got offmy ride in the few moments it wasn't raining...haven't even used an umbrella in the past few days.

It's very unusual to have hail storms and snow in mid march here...it's usually spring time already though I remember last year on april 1st at night it was raining like crazy...I remember that because it was Opeth's concert in tel aviv and my friends and I parked pretty far from the theater club and got soaking wet on the way to the car.
seasons have shifted...

It's natural, if Opeth were going to play, then must be a rainy and misty night!!:headbang:

Agggh it's El Niño all over again. Not really weather's always weird, I remember when I was in Spain in the middle of August there was a storm with hail the size of tennis balls, the only signs of it the next morning were big dents in car roofs and pine needles everywhere.

Here in Spain this is very usual, it happens every summer, a big storm in the midle of the hottest days of the year.

floods? mabool?

Living in a country which, for a great part, is 0-10 metres above sea level, Mabool always lurks in the back of your mind. If the ocean breaks through the dykes, the place where my parents live (15km from the coast) turns into a small island or "A small oasis in the Ocean Land"...

Living in a country which, for a great part, is 0-10 metres above sea level, Mabool always lurks in the back of your mind. If the ocean breaks through the dykes, the place where my parents live (15km from the coast) turns into a small island or "A small oasis in the Ocean Land"...

that's a great way to think about a disaster