Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
im planning on buying a word clock soon

here's my question

my pod xt pro has spdif in and out
the rme 800 has spdif in and out

and the word clock will have in and out

how are you supposed to hook all three together?

my guess would be:
pod xt pro spdif out -> word spdif in
word spdif out -> rme spdif in
rme spdif out -> pod xt pro spdif in

is this right? :erk:

I have been wondering this exact kind of thing lately as well! If I wanted to buy an Apogee Big Ben or Rosetta or something like that, how would I integrate it into my Digi002/Presonus Digimax/TC Electronic Finalizer setup? The whole idea just kind of confuses me.

i think i figured it out

you just hook the pod xt pro spdif to the fire face
and sync everything else to word clock

then set the pod xt pro to match spdif

naturally the rme will get its clock from the word clock, and distriubte that to the pod xt pro

I think u dont need a wordclock if u are using just those units........i have 2 units connected via spdif to a rme 9632 (rme as master) as they function great and in sync.
But if u would like to buy a wordclock apogee roseta is a gret option:kickass:

I think u dont need a wordclock if u are using just those units........i have 2 units connected via spdif to a rme 9632 (rme as master) as they function great and in sync.
But if u would like to buy a wordclock apogee roseta is a gret option:kickass:

i do need a word clock because my master skips around from pod xt pro to mackie 800 r to rme fire face, depending upon which unit is on or off

sometimes, my pod xt pro will completely lose sync if all three are on

My motivation for looking into a master clock isn't based on sync problems, but because I've always been under the impression that having a high quality clock (in my case, on superior to the internal clock on the Digi002) will result in a more accurate D/A conversion which means cleaner sounding tracks/enhanced stereo image, etc. Am I right?

My motivation for looking into a master clock isn't based on sync problems, but because I've always been under the impression that having a high quality clock (in my case, on superior to the internal clock on the Digi002) will result in a more accurate D/A conversion which means cleaner sounding tracks/enhanced stereo image, etc. Am I right?

you're definately right, and thats my main reason as well, but it will also solve my sync problems which could result in bad audio fidelity (ie: i dont exactley like the fact that line 6 is running my clock when im tracking guitars)