Speaker Cabs: What are you using?

Kry said:
orange 2x12 and 4x12 both with vintage 30s standard. Now those things are pretty special, put ANY amp on top and it sounds raw n tight, one of the best cabs i've used with high gain amps actually! :confused:
I agree. I just had a chance to play with a 4x12 orange cab and it sounded really really good. Definately better than my 5150 cab (2 original speakers replaced with v30's). The Orange cabs just don't look very "metal" :D

I'm curious as to wether anyone is recording any 1X12s.... I've heard some conflicting info on how they record vs. a 4X12. Any insight would be appreciated!

-0z-

OzNimbus said:
I'm curious as to wether anyone is recording any 1X12s.... I've heard some conflicting info on how they record vs. a 4X12. Any insight would be appreciated!

-0z-

i've actually considered picking up a pair of 1x12 cabs to record with, just not certain of the cost of them is justifiable...a 1x12 isn't that much cheaper than a 2x12, and i'd need to of them because those 100+ watt amps push a speaker a bit too much for me

i've heard that you can get more tightness, and better clarity recording a 1x12 cab...since you essentially don't have 3 other speakers creating background noise, however i've not tried it myself so i can't say for sure

I´ve just bought an Avatar 2x12 cab with G75, and it sound amazing,highly recomended, the orange cab is so fucking great