Spiritual Black Dimensions...

Is it? I'd put Stormblast as one of the most atmospheric metal albums ever, no matter what anyone says about the actual music.

Stormblast has some great material, it's just damn primitive sounding. I'm not so much against the recording quality - I'm a huge Bathory fan, after all - just the instrumental/vocal sloppiness. I'm kinda glad they did the re-release, as it did well in bringing out the epic feel of the old songs; though they left out a lot of the subtleties of the original recording, which was disappointing.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, another person that sees the light. Yes, indeed, Spiritual Black Dimensions is the best Dimmu album...and not slightly, but by QUITE a margin at that. And of course, through my ears.

The Insight and the Catharsis is by FAR the greatest song they have ever written. It's just so absolutely grand and epic and features some STUNNING clean vocals by Simen (which I'm a HUGE fan of.) Overall, the song seems to take you on a journey of various moods and emotions.

The Promised Future Aeons is my second favourite off the album, as I happen to think it has the GREATEST intro to any Dimmu song. Simply awe-inspiring and highly well thought-out.

Other tracks worth mentioning that are almost as equally fantastic are Reptile, Dreamside Dominions and Behind the Curtain of Light.

Note: Here's an interesting fact. In the Martin Popoff 500 greatest metal albums of all-time book (where a worldwide poll was held to name the best albums) SBD was the album that scored the MOST points and placed the highest of all their albums. I was VERY pleased to see that as well as surprised, as I had also often thought it was kind of an underrated album.

Haha, glad to hear I'm bringing solidarity to the SBD followers.

"The Insight and the Catharsis" is, indeed, one of the greatest metal pieces of all time. Such a rich, diverse, yet completely cohesive song. Certainly my favorite on the album. I really hope they can manage to do a song this impressive again. Death Cult didn't even come close, IMO.

Haha, glad to hear I'm bringing solidarity to the SBD followers.

"The Insight and the Catharsis" is, indeed, one of the greatest metal pieces of all time. Such a rich, diverse, yet completely cohesive song. Certainly my favorite on the album. I really hope they can manage to do a song this impressive again. Death Cult didn't even come close, IMO.

:headbang: Couldn't agree more. DCA was a travesty. That may seem cruel to say, but god that album pales in comparison to that of the musical majesty that is SBD.

I don't think Dimmu will ever be quite the same...unfortunately. We'll see.

^ Hope you're not referring to me; I happen to be one of the greatest Cradle of Filth fans. Well, at least during the Cruelty and the Beast and Dusk...And Her Embrace faze. And, well, Nymphetamine surely had its moments but still no match for the prior.

Edit: Oh, fuck me...SHIT!!! How on earth did I forget the absolutely hypnotizing, dremascape that is Grotesquery Conceiled. 3:10-3:50 - what is there even left to say about this mesmerizing moment? Flawless in execution. But, the entire song is just incredible and as is the album.