Spoilers : Who saw Inception?

Did Dom escape from the dreamworld?

• Yes , the top was about to fall over

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • No , it was still spinning

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
I think it's exactly the same... there's some additional orchestra of course in the soundtrack. But it's not in the main theme but in the opening theme:

0:20

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know I bought the soundtrack , like I said it's similar but they definitely changed it a bit and added some stuff. By the way Hans Zimmer is a genius

^ Agreed. I heard they were talking about a sequel based on the success of this one, but that would mean having to give a definitive answer on the ending to this one , which I would not like. However if anyone could make a sequel out of this it would be Nolan and his brother

The only way they could accomplish a sequel would be to tell the story leading up to the first movie... which I think could be fairly interesting, but in that it may lead you a definitive answer to the first movie...

I'm still convinced that the whole movie was a dream.

i know old thread is old, but i watched this again yesterday after getting it and a sweet blu-ray player for christmas

anyways...i'm pretty well convinced now that cobb was still dreaming at the end when he got back to his kids, and it all goes back to the totem, and the fact that his originally belonged to his wife. earlier in the film arthur explains to the architect chick that she can't touch his totem because it would defeat the purpose of it, which means that cobb's totem is "tainted" by his wife...the top might still fall down when he spins it, but it's because his subconscious projection of his wife is knocking it down.

yea not so much

i was sort of on the fence about it after seeing it in the theaters, but repeat viewings definitely push one to believe he was still in a dream state

yea not so much

i was sort of on the fence about it after seeing it in the theaters, but repeat viewings definitely push one to believe he was still in a dream state

Same here. all the smaller details point towards him being in a dream the whole time. every aspect of the film obeys "Dream Logic" that doesn't make much sense from the perspective of him being awake at any point.

But i watched the end on youtube again and it seems like it are just about to tip over hehe...

To me, that indicates that he had decided that the spinning top was not important anymore, he had given up caring whether he was dreaming or not and chosen to rather enjoy the time with his "kids".

for him, ignorance is bliss.

Hence why the end is so ambiguous.

While I found this movie really entertaining, I was majorly disappointed that they had taken a concept that could have been an awesome, complex mindfuck into a pretty shallow and explained story. I felt like the director was holding my hand through the movie and explaining every little thing that was going on. What comes to the end, I think it was just left open on purpose to get people speculating.

I still give it an 8/10 for Ellen Page's presence and Leonardo's spectacular hairdo.

But i watched the end on youtube again and it seems like it are just about to tip over hehe...

it was definitely about to fall over...but again, it doesn't really matter, because the totem doesn't mean shit

also, this is the single LOUDEST film i've ever watched...turn it up just loud enough to hear the dialog, and your ears get blown out during the action sequences!

whether the totem falls or not doesn't matter because it's not his totem, it's mal's.
therefore we cannot trust what the totem says.