St.Anger

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
After listening to it many and many times sadly I have to say that now Metallica is no more in my top bands. Sadly 'cause I grew up listening to these guys, sadly because Load (+) and Reload (-) for me are much better than St.Anger and now that they have promised a heavy stuff (what didn't make me excited anyway) they show us that piece of shit, the whole thing I have to say. I can't keep on listening to it after the third track. I not going to tell you what's wrong there...you may already know.
I don't know about you, but nowadays I don't really enjoy an especific band as I did, I mean, I like some songs from one band, others from another one and that is all I can handle. The scene is bad? Is it difficult to deal with my music taste? Am I a loser and for you everything is alright?
Your thoughts...please

I downloaded a couple songs and must admit it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

HOWEVER - that fucking snare is the worst thing ever. holy shit! and from what I've heard the album gets progressively worse as it goes, too. the songwriting is weak (re: cut&paste), but the guitars sound pretty good and the heavy/fast riffs are dece.

overall, so far: C+

I had no problems with the snare sound...there is some good riffs yes but the final result is below the minimum standable.
I compare them to Napalm Death...since Fear Emptiness Despair, Napalm tried some different stuff in their sound, they changed their logo, album artworks...then they wanted to go back to the early days and they did it...

"the album gets progressively worse as it goes"

True! Frantic is an awesome song actually, then there's the title track, which has some good parts but is below average, then there's Some Kind of Monster, with a dead heavy chunky riff, ace! (although the "are we the people" part is eh... lame)
And further on, things get pretty worse, with only one more exception: Sweet Amber. That one's nice.
But listen to some crap like Purify :ill::ill: Shit that's one of the worst songs I've EVER heard and certainly the crappiest Metallica song ever.

streetlethalcover.jpg

I heard frantic on the radio earlier, and I am thinking about suing Lar$ for traumatization. It is just horrible. The lyrics suck, James' voice is worse, and the snare drum sounds dead. But played from inside a closet.