FINAL SAY ON "ST.ANGER!!!"

Thraxhead1985

Jul 15, 2002
Kokomo, IN
Visit site
I am the one who started this "annoying" thread about Metallica's "crushing, destroying" album, "St.Anger"... First of all, most of you people are judging this album by the single, "St.Anger". My opinion is that this song is incredible, but one of the weaker ones on the album, there are ACTUALLY NO FILLERS ON THIS ALBUM...I realize that Metallica will always be ripped apart for putting out two LOAD's of amazing mature music, you metal fans just refuse to grow up...The thing is, if you actually take the time and listen to "St.Anger" you will realize that this is Metallica's most heavy, raw, agressive, and speedy record. The beauty is in the raw sound. Also, who cares about no guitar solos, they wanted this to be group-effort! Everyone knows Kirk can shred! For those who are taking the time and listening, I applaud you, Metallica deserves that! I know it's cool to NOT LIKE Metallica, but most of you ARE SCARED of "St.Anger" because it's kicking all your asses like no other 'Tallica album has. END OF DISCUSSION!

Its not the fact that there are no guitar solos, its not the rough sound, its just a bad uninspired album.

Since when were the Loads that mature, that music goes great at the local phrat party, or good ol' boys foot ball kegger. Load & Re-Load was shit, just lame jock rocked, bone-headed hard rock.

Thraxhead1985 said:
I am the one who started this "annoying" thread about Metallica's "crushing, destroying" album, "St.Anger"... First of all, most of you people are judging this album by the single, "St.Anger". My opinion is that this song is incredible, but one of the weaker ones on the album, there are ACTUALLY NO FILLERS ON THIS ALBUM...I realize that Metallica will always be ripped apart for putting out two LOAD's of amazing mature music, you metal fans just refuse to grow up...The thing is, if you actually take the time and listen to "St.Anger" you will realize that this is Metallica's most heavy, raw, agressive, and speedy record. The beauty is in the raw sound. Also, who cares about no guitar solos, they wanted this to be group-effort! Everyone knows Kirk can shred! For those who are taking the time and listening, I applaud you, Metallica deserves that! I know it's cool to NOT LIKE Metallica, but most of you ARE SCARED of "St.Anger" because it's kicking all your asses like no other 'Tallica album has. END OF DISCUSSION!

Well, that was nice....First off, I'm one of the PPL that you are "applauding", and let me say that the disc is growing on me. That should not be. Nothing should have to "grow" into someones liking. #2 The LOADS were not suddenly "mature" - the lyrics we're all straight up 'Tallica lyrics like always. They just experimented w/ their sound too much. Great ongs on those, but not great albums. #3 "Group effort''....let's see, MetallicA is a "group'' - compromised of a drummer, a bassist, one lead vocalist w/ rythm guitar, and one LEAD guitar player. NOT 2 rythym guitar players. #4 I, like many PPL here, still like MetallicA and don't think it's 'cool" to rip on them. #5 It's not the "fastest" album. Ever here of a little record called 'KILL 'EM ALL'? How about 'RIDE the LIGHTNING' ? I don't live in the past, but just for he sake of argument let's pretend that you know what "fast" is. Repetetive songs, with the exact amount of fast parts as slow parts aren't fast, they're too fucking long. .....And Justice for All was full of long assed songs, but they we're well written, and all seguayed into much faster parts that fit much better without having to use repetition to force you into thinking that the shit fit together. I've tried to support St. Anger on here, while being objective and realizing that it isn't the godsend we all thought it would be, but your post is EXACTLY what is wrong w/ the PPL who don't agree w/ others opinions....maybe it's b/c you lost all respect from myself and damn near everyone else on here when you stated that we need to "grow up" and that we are "scared". Maybe you're scared b/c right now, your opinionon is not in w/ the populous norm on the subject and your only way of being heard or getting attention is to exclaim that this record "has kicked all of our asses" and that apparantley we aren't mature enough to see it in all its magnificent glory as you do. But, what do I know, I'm only a simple working man w/ bills to pay, a child to raise into a decent man and an avid fan of metal. Damn, I need to grow up.

Metal up YOUR ass,
GregadetH

Mate that album had me at the first listen I think its awesom and Im gettin sick of shitheads putiing it down, most if not all of the fuckers haven't listened to anything but the single..and im sure as shit they have listened to worse produced albums

I have heard the first 5 songs from "STANGER" and I'm not impressed with it. I think the production is pretty bad. Why the hell are they putting out a record sounding this bad? To sound raw?
I saw some live metallica from Germany last night, the new songs sounded much better live than on the record.

Well, beermonster loves it. I was worried that that 'tallica would release an album that wouldn't hold up to WCFYA (although I love Anthrax, Its only because of Metallica that I got into this stuff in the first place).
And they have delivered an album full of good, occasionally amazing songs, even if Lars' snare has been replaced with a biscuit tin.So there.
Now drink beer, like good metalheads.

And about the production. you all KNOW that this is the new sound of metal. They introduced metal to bass, and they're introducing it to pots and pans instead of drumkits.Its the first album you can play the wok to.

A biscuit tin! Fuckin' priceless.

I think I'll take a better liking to these songs once I hear 'em live. I have to say, the dvd is not too shabby though. If anybody out there is ripping the audio from the dvd, lemme know so you can hook me up. I'll take care of ya if you do....

...biscuit tin....... LOL

I bought it today and on first listen it sounds good. I'm gonna make up my own mind.

This album is pure shit, it only appeals to retarded teenagers. Any serious music listener won't let this disc into his cd player. WCFYA crushes St Anger hands down

My thoughts on ST. Anger:
Frantic - Best song on album(and pretty good)
St. Anger - Everything is good about it except the YOU FLUSH IT OUT part.
Some Kind Of Monster through The Unnamed Feeling - Good moments here and there. Overall, bad songs.
Purify - 2nd best song on album
All Within My Hands - Has a few good moments
Guitar tone-could have been better for the fucking money they have
Bass-It's bass, it's just there
Drums-PING PING PING PING! Yes, this is a common annoyance.
Vocals - Decent. Not James' best
Solos-What solos? Another reason I don't like this album.
Production - If you think this is raw, go listen to some Mutiilation, then come back and tell me if this is raw or not.

I haven't watched the DVD yet.

I actually happen to love raw music. I can't wait until they release the old Sabbath recordings they duge up. They're gonna release them in origional form and remastered.
but I don't like it when people call me stupid and say I think I'm cool for ragging on metallica. when I do neither.
-Jono-

i downloaded the album

then i erased it

worst pile of utter shit ive heard in a long long time.. boring to the extreme

PING PING PING PING PING ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

that fucking snare drum sucks

that guitar tone sucks

what the fuck is james screaming?

music? what fucking music, it souds like some numetal one hit wonder band playing the same chord over and over again

i could play a better tune in my sleep honestly

I downloaded a few tracks. It wasn't Load/Reload bad, but it wasn't great, either. I will say that I like the new Helloween, Black Label Society, and WCFYA better. But I've definitely heard worse. I may buy it later down the road, when my list of "to get" albums runs short...

lupe_m said:
. If you don't like it, don't hear it. If you like it, cool! :headbang:

And those, my friends we're all very respectful and honest opinions.
.... however, th quote above me here sums it all up. Hands down the best thing posted on this board to do w/ ST. ANGER and damn near anything else we all disagree on.

\m/ Horns up tp you all!

- GregadetH

Now, since Dutchy brought up SUM 41, it's time to listen to 'Pain for Pleasure' ....Best nod to the old school days of satan music - ever. :Spin:

GregadetH said:
Well, that was nice....First off, I'm one of the PPL that you are "applauding", and let me say that the disc is growing on liking. me. That should not be. Nothing should have to "grow" into someones #2 The LOADS were not suddenly "mature" - the lyrics we're all straight up 'Tallica lyrics like always. They just experimented w/ their sound too much. Great ongs on those, but not great albums. #3 "Group effort''....let's see, MetallicA is a "group'' - compromised of a drummer, a bassist, one lead vocalist w/ rythm guitar, and one LEAD guitar player. NOT 2 rythym guitar players. #4 I, like many PPL here, still like MetallicA and don't think it's 'cool" to rip on them. #5 It's not the "fastest" album. Ever here of a little record called 'KILL 'EM ALL'? How about 'RIDE the LIGHTNING' ? I don't live in the past, but just for he sake of argument let's pretend that you know what "fast" is. Repetetive songs, with the exact amount of fast parts as slow parts aren't fast, they're too fucking long. .....And Justice for All was full of long assed songs, but they we're well written, and all seguayed into much faster parts that fit much better without having to use repetition to force you into thinking that the shit fit together. I've tried to support St. Anger on here, while being objective and realizing that it isn't the godsend we all thought it would be, but your post is EXACTLY what is wrong w/ the PPL who don't agree w/ others opinions....maybe it's b/c you lost all respect from myself and damn near everyone else on here when you stated that we need to "grow up" and that we are "scared". Maybe you're scared b/c right now, your opinionon is not in w/ the populous norm on the subject and your only way of being heard or getting attention is to exclaim that this record "has kicked all of our asses" and that apparantley we aren't mature enough to see it in all its magnificent glory as you do. But, what do I know, I'm only a simple working man w/ bills to pay, a child to raise into a decent man and an avid fan of metal. Damn, I need to grow up.

Metal up YOUR ass,
GregadetH

I am not going to reply to all of this but only wanted to comment on the first part where you say that nothing should have to "grow" to your liking. I think that is BS. So, you have never heard a disc and felt luke warm to it, then a month or two later you pop it in and say wow, this aint so bad. Then when there is no hype,or build up you can listen to it and start to like it. Some music is challenging. It took me a long time to get in to Amorphis, I had Tales from a thousand lakes didn't like it, at least two years later I put it in and gave it more time and now it kicks ass. Right now I'm working on Shadows fall and The Haunted one kill wonder. On the first couple of times I say "ech its okay I guess but not great" but every other week or so I pull them out and start to like it more and more. Its like coffee or beer who ever sipped a coffee when you were a kid and hated it but now after if grew on you...mmm good.

Cincy Vigilante said:
I am not going to reply to all of this but only wanted to comment on the first part where you say that nothing should have to "grow" to your liking. I think that is BS. So, you have never heard a disc and felt luke warm to it, then a month or two later you pop it in and say wow, this aint so bad. Then when there is no hype,or build up you can listen to it and start to like it. Some music is challenging. It took me a long time to get in to Amorphis, I had Tales from a thousand lakes didn't like it, at least two years later I put it in and gave it more time and now it kicks ass. Right now I'm working on Shadows fall and The Haunted one kill wonder. On the first couple of times I say "ech its okay I guess but not great" but every other week or so I pull them out and start to like it more and more. Its like coffee or beer who ever sipped a coffee when you were a kid and hated it but now after if grew on you...mmm good.

I've been drinking alot of Yuenling lately.