Stalemate

brownden

Feb 2, 2006
Chilliwack, B.C.
I just can't seem to get enough of this song recently. I know it's not one of the favorites off of DO but I'm curious what everyone else thinks of it.

Hm... when I got the DO reissue last winter Stalemate was the song where I actually got goosebumps because of the vocals. It was later of course topped by otehr songs on the record but hey, it is good.

And the lyrics, well... I think we can relate.

"Dit is wohl Jeschmackssache, wa?" that is what we would say now, right?

Everybody got touched by different sounds and vocals. I don't listen to "Stalement" very often because of this 'effect', so.. I like "Dispossession" better right now.

Great song.... love the main riff, the chorus is one of the best on the album, very melancholy. Reminds me of the Cure, especially the vocal tone.

I love the vocals on this track, especially at the very end. On an album with songs like I Break, Deadhouse and Cold Ways I can see how people easily dismiss it.

I always loved the beginning of that song, the riff and the way how the drums start.
The vocals (in my life, in this life...) are just wonderful in this special resigned way.

But the best thing about this song is the keyboard part, it's always haunting me... I wonder no one mentioned that before.