Underrated Favorites

I'm not a fan of the stop and start thing. The intro is mega cool, same with the chorus and solo. But the verse is way to boring and simple for me. It just wrecks the whole song.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Yeah I agree with Absence of Light and Fools Paradise. They're both great. The harpsicord/tapping guitar frenzy at the end of the classical part is hella-cool.

Yeah! I reckon the last 4 tracks on V are just absolutely amazing, and a musical + lyrical buildup which climaxes in one of the best album endings ever (i reckon rediscovery 1 + 2 are underrated also).

Oh yeh, i also think alot of the songs on the Odyssey are kind of thought of as filler-ish material, when in my opinion the only track bordering on filler material is Incantations (although this is still cool). The Turning and King of Terrors have really complex elements, which you sometimes dont hear due to the bass and keys being far back in the mix. Some of the bass work on the turning is intricate to the extreme, and michael pinnela just kicks ass on king of terrors. I think these two tracks are very underrated.

King Of Terrors was the very first song I heard of SymX and I was just blown away by it. It was so unique to anything I'd ever heard before..Little did I know at that time that the rest of SymX was even more brilliant. It kicks major butt, but I was surprised that no one seemed to mention liking it until now.

ok i can't be bothered looking for the overrated thread again..but one song that imo is kind of overrated to me..is canlelight fantasia..dont hurt me..lol..that one just sounds a bit sappy to me..imo of course..