Star Trek vs Star Wars

Boring dramatised dribble (Star Trek) or Star Wars

• Star Trek

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 38 63.3%

• Total voters
Babylon 5 > Star Wars + Star Trek

Star Wars EP IV and V (the first two :p ) were great films, but by the time the Ewoks came out in Episode 3, it became too much of a franchise to market a product rather than a good science fiction story.

Natalie Portman rules, but Ep 1 and 2 pretty much blow.

Oh, and even though Star Trek has it's horrible moments, it's had some pretty good ones too. Star Wars went downhill after Empire... which IS one of the best movies of all time.

xenophobe said:

Star Wars EP IV and V (the first two :p ) were great films, but by the time the Ewoks came out in Episode 3, it became too much of a franchise to market a product rather than a good science fiction story.

Oh, and even though Star Trek has it's horrible moments, it's had some pretty good ones too. Star Wars went downhill after Empire... which IS one of the best movies of all time.
Yase.

xenophobe said:

I don't think Lucas will ever come close to producing a Star Wars movie that has the might of ...Empire Strikes Back. To be able to capture the feel that movie gave out. A huge call to say the least. But I feel ...Jedi was way cool aswell. I can't even think of a flaw that the movie has. But I agree with you on Empire being one of the greatest filims ever created. One of the greats.

union9 said:
My girlfriend and I always debate about which is better. She sits on the Trekkie fence while I proudly stand in the shadows of the dark side. I thought I'd post this poll to find out once and for all which is the supreme, and which is not.

leave her

at once!

the force is NOT strong with that one.....

I completely agree with xenophobe on star wars, but i cant stand star trek...well maybe the movies, but definitely not the show. Oh, and an interesting point of trivia for everyone: The Empire Strikes Back (the best movie in the series) was not directed by Lucas but rather by Irvin Kershner. I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Charubic Murder said:
I completely agree with xenophobe on star wars, but i cant stand star trek...well maybe the movies, but definitely not the show. Oh, and an interesting point of trivia for everyone: The Empire Strikes Back (the best movie in the series) was not directed by Lucas but rather by Irvin Kershner. I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions.
you are such a dumbass. Peter Jackson directed all 3 Lord of the Rings movies

The thing I hate about Star Trek.....

...is that there stuck in a near impossible situation and say......

" If we reverse the polarity on the dilithium chrystal mainframe the polarity of the nano axis will invert causing a tempary time continum prolapse....

Does it work?.. yes.. Alien dies...picard says "make it so"...

Nearly every episode ends with some mind fuck physics...cop out....

The last two Star Wars films are made for kids as were the first three...

you've all just grown up and are sitting back waiting to be impressed...get over it, rediscover your youth and watch the films again...

I do conside that Jar Jar Binks is shit......

Bodylouseuk said:

you've all just grown up and are sitting back waiting to be impressed...get over it, rediscover your youth and watch the films again...

I do conside that Jar Jar Binks is shit......

My thoughts exactly.

Bodylouseuk said:

I would actually disagree with the first two star wars movies being made specifically for the kids, moreso with A New Hope than Empire though.

If you've ever seen THX 1138, and then watch A New Hope, you'll come to the realization, I think, that George Lucas really did have a passion for good science fiction. After A New Hope, he actually had money to make a big budget movie, and we got Empire.

Then the phenomenal sales machine took over... It's like during the filming of Return of the Jedi, he decided to put a bunch of cute furry characters running around dancing because his marketing departemt told him he'd sell more toys or something... then a decade later, you get Jar Jar a flying elephant and other silliness! :p

Babylon 5: Psi-wars (that would have been awesome) :cry:

IMO - the best Star Trek and Star Wars fiction is that which has not been made into movie. Some of the novels derived from those initial ideas of Lucas and Rodenberry, those that have been written in the last dozen years, are those which should be made into movie. Some of the crap they make into movies thses days just don't make sense or matter at all.

I find the two relatively incomparable. I love TNG, but it was really more of a drama set in the future whereas SW is an action/adventure based in a "galaxy far, far away." Patrick Stewart really made a great Captain. I miss that series. I like both of them...

Bryant