Boring dramatised dribble (Star Trek) or Star Wars

• Star Trek

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 38 63.3%

• Total voters
B5 > all.
DS9 > rest of Trek.

because there's almost no Star Wars to watch (and the new movies stink) i have to go with Star Trek; if you add up all Trek you get ..what? 20 straight days? and DS9 was pretty damn good seasons 3-6.

Star Trek ofcourse, Star Wars is children's Science Fiction. (*cough*, Science?!)

Star Trek is much deeper, with episodes devoted to every possible take on Sci-Fi: timetravel, alternate realities, paradoxes etc... Star Wars doesn't hold a candle to Trek, I mean, what are we talking about?! 6 movies VS an enormous Saga of 600+ episodes and 10 movies! :D

And Star Trek not epic? My god man... I guess you haven't seen those bigger than fuck space battles of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Made Star Wars' space 'battles' redundant overnight, ON A TELEVISION BUDGET. :D

Bryant said:
I find the two relatively incomparable. I love TNG, but it was really more of a drama set in the future whereas SW is an action/adventure based in a "galaxy far, far away." Patrick Stewart really made a great Captain. I miss that series. I like both of them...

Bryant

that was the only series of star treck i had any interest in. i used to watch it every day after school. i'd get home by 4.45 for x-men and then over to ch2 for star trek tng! :)

mostly that was because of patrick stewart being a GOD!! how ironic that he is now professor xavier! he learned to act at the Guildford School of Acting down the road from my house :Spin:

Summoner said:
Star Trek ofcourse, Star Wars is children's Science Fiction. (*cough*, Science?!)

Star Trek is much deeper, with episodes devoted to every possible take on Sci-Fi: timetravel, alternate realities, paradoxes etc... Star Wars doesn't hold a candle to Trek, I mean, what are we talking about?! 6 movies VS an enormous Saga of 600+ episodes and 10 movies! :D

And Star Trek not epic? My god man... I guess you haven't seen those bigger than fuck space battles of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Made Star Wars' space 'battles' redundant overnight, ON A TELEVISION BUDGET. :D
DS9 was as epic as Star Trek got. And I have a bias against computer made battles, I'm more of a models and bluescreen man (though Bab 5 still owns both Star Trek and Star Wars).

Star wars wins this one, for obvious reasons, though not due to episodes one and two. However, I totally agree with many of you here, babylon 5 was always the best series, unfortunately, some of the bab 5 movies were kinda shitty.

I'll always be a Star Wars gal. Ewoks and all! But then again I can handle the commercialization bit of it. I know many people got turned off by it and have left the path of the Force all together. Now I await Episode Three while watching the Clone Wars mini cartoons on Cartoon Network.

Summoner said:

Amen to that!

what are you gonna do stun me with your phaser ? :p

Seriously though the Star Trek The Next generation was the best out of the whole Star Trek franchise.

Jean Luc Peccard did wonders for the PR of bald men around the world. :tickled:

Star Trek. Yeah, Star Wars is 'cooler', I'll take lightsabers any day over anything the Star Trek universe can offer, but for a believable and depthful universe, Star Trek kicks butt and takes names. Star Wars is a static and linear action epic with a thin universe of stylization built around it, but Star Trek is an effortlessly vast parallel universe with real stories going on all the time.

I never watched much of Babylon 5, and I was unfortunate enough to never catch any of the episodes set during wartimes, so I was never particularly impressed by any sense of 'epicness'. I remember enjoying it otherwise though.