Started building my (small) studio

Barefoot Monitors in place.
I also put the Adams, I’m not sure if I will keep them.

I give my 2 cents that the Adams won't run much with the mm27s :cry:

I have not much info about your kind of low frequency problemo, but have you tried to put the speakers on heavy stands? Those rubber pads are not isolating enough & probably increasing lows.

Good luck with the wiring ...

Or Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers baby! Though stands would probably be the better bet since you have the room for 'em behind the desk...

I give my 2 cents that the Adams won't run much with the mm27s :cry:

I have not much info about your kind of low frequency problemo, but have you tried to put the speakers on heavy stands? Those rubber pads are not isolating enough & probably increasing lows.

Good luck with the wiring ...

The Barefoots don't vibrate much and with the pads I'm using (at the moment) the vibration to the console is minimum.
The only improvement I would have would be on the mids and highs.

Or Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers baby! Though stands would probably be the better bet since you have the room for 'em behind the desk...

I'm waiting for the Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers for a long time to try.
If it works well I will use them.

Still doing wiring
This has taken way more than what I expected (as everything else since the beginning
complacent.gif
)

Some pics from the cables lids and how it works.
This is the 2 bay Rack cable box lid

Lid%20rack2bay%2001.jpg

Lid%20rack2bay%2002.jpg

Lid%20rack2bay%2003.jpg

These are the other cables boxes (without the final wood part)

Lid%20rack3bay%2001.jpg

Lid%20Console%2001.jpg

3bay rack - Left bay
CR_Rack_3Bay_L_Gear%2001.jpg

There’s only missing the pic of the middle bay of the 3bay rack
I’m still waiting for 2 pieces of gear.

The Barefoots don't vibrate much and with the pads I'm using (at the moment) the vibration to the console is minimum.
The only improvement I would have would be on the mids and highs.

I'm waiting for the Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers for a long time to try.
If it works well I will use them.

Tom designed the Barefoots with vibration cancellation in mind & they are strongly braced. So, i don't think they would create that resonance you are talking about. Or you would have noticed it when switching between the ADAMs & the mm27s.

I'm afraid of the Argosy desk as i had some similar problems with other desks. They were reacting like resonance boxes near the main speakers. In that case, even the Recoil Stabs won't help as it's a matter of angle & distance.

There is a very simple way to find out, just move the monitors to sides on 2 chairs or whatever. It's not important if they are precisly symetric or not for the test, but just to see this is solving the problem or not.

Here is a pic of Seti's Studio & the stands he made for the same mm27s, just to show you what i mean:
8.gif

4.gif

It's very hard to help you not having more infos bro and all these are just guesses. All i wish is that the problem is not coming from the floating floor as we already talked about.

Wish you the best of luck.

You know, Eddy, with all that great gear & beautiful room, we're expecting some pretty earth-shattering mixes out of you!!

Don't expect that :lol:

This is all to help me get average mixes :rolleyes:

Haha, yea. The pressure is definitely on now. Would be terrible if a 16yo kid with a POD and DFHS would kill his mixes ... :)

I have seen those 16years do better mixes than some big gun mixers :heh:

Tom designed the Barefoots with vibration cancellation in mind & they are strongly braced. So, i don't think they would create that resonance you are talking about. Or you would have noticed it when switching between the ADAMs & the mm27s.

I'm afraid of the Argosy desk & had some similar problems with their products. They was reacting like resonance boxes near the main speakers. In that case, even the Recoil Stabs won't help as it's a matter of angle & distance.

There is a very simple way to find out, just move the monitors from the desk to sides. We don't care if they are symetric or not for the test, but just to see in it's solving the problem.

Here is a pic of Seti's Studio & the stands he made for the same mm27s, just to show you what i mean:
8.gif

4.gif

It's very hard to help you not having more infos bro and all these are just guesses. All i wish is that the problem is not coming from the floating floor as we already talked about.

Wish you the best of luck.

You didn't read well what I wrote. :)

I said that the Barefoots vibration is so low that what passes to the console is almost inexistent.
The Adam has more vibration but doesn't pass much to the console.

I talked to Martin Pilchner and he told me that having the monitors on top of the desk won't affect the low end, only the mids and highs.

Tomas also said the same about it.

I did some measurements in different points and Martin concluded that the problem was the back bass trap.

I'm still waiting for Martin to give me the plans for the change in the back basstrap.

For some reason, the 1st part of my message is missing :err: and that was "i'm aware that Tom...". So before it starts to get complicated, let me clarify what i meant.

I think we are both OK that the mm27s are not transmitting much vibrations to the desk. Then i thought that it could be their resonance rumbling in the Argosy desk.

But it looks like you & Martin now know where the problem comes from & that's the most important thing.

I searched back in the threads & found this pic:
CR%20Wood%20Floor%2005.jpg

that shows the right corner of the back wall (when facing it) if i'm right.

Indeed, you have no bass traps in that corner & if i'm right again, the entrance is placed at the opposite side. Then, it would be interesting to see what Martin will advise.

BTW: those cable lids are VERY well done.

Keep up the good work :headbang:

You're right Purp, the back corners don't have basstraps, that's because one of the corners has the door from the Control room to the recording room, so for the imaging to be correct the other corner couldn't have a basstrap.
But if it could be possible to have basstraps in those corners it would almost for sure correct the problem.

Wiring is finished, I finally managed to do all the wiring, wasn't a easy task, I have read before of the difficulty of doing it, but I never thought it was like this, what I nightmare, and my patchbays are all DB25 on the back.

Some pics of cabling for you to have an idea

Back of the Rack 2bay
CR_Rack_2Bay_Back_01.jpg

Back of the patchbays
CR_RackNRoll_L_Back_01.jpg

Also the gear is all in place (except for an Urei 1178 that I'm waiting)

The final rack bay that I hadn't take a pic
3bay rack - Centre bay
CR_Rack_3Bay_C_Gear_01.jpg

Both side racks pics

CR_Rack_2Bay_01.jpg

CR_Rack_3Bay_01%28Urei1178_missing%29.jpg

hi man i was reading your thread from the start - and just now decided to write something - it looks sooo good... i m really envy you coz you god awesome studio) my studio in comparison with yours is something like that:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcJwz7wu8_s[/ame]

wish you good luck with it - and waiting some great mixes from you)

You're right Purp, the back corners don't have basstraps, that's because one of the corners has the door from the Control room to the recording room, so for the imaging to be correct the other corner couldn't have a basstrap.
But if it could be possible to have basstraps in those corners it would almost for sure correct the problem.

Oh yes! Do you have any news about the solution ? I'm really curious to have the answer :loco:

Congrats for the racks. Looks like you're almost done. It's good to see one of those Inward Connections TSL-3 there. The TSL-4 switches doesn't light anymore :mad:

Wiring is finished, I finally managed to do all the wiring, wasn't a easy task, I have read before of the difficulty of doing it, but I never thought it was like this, what I nightmare, and my patchbays are all DB25 on the back.

What you think about this then ?
30972181ne4.jpg

@fistula :Shedevil: the video link's broken !