stealth viewing

Alwin

problem solver
Dec 4, 2003
NL
It seems that a lot of ppl use the stealth viewing option (invisible mode). A couple of minutes ago, there were 21 ppl viewing on this forum but only 5 names appeared on top. Do you use this silence mode and if so, why?

yeah, i think it's strange too. i know my name is there quite often, but that doesn't say a thing about what i'm doing,so.....

it just feels more comfortable to anonimously roam through these pages.
and its got absolutely nothing to do with embarrassment, cos u see the post instantly anyway...
i think its just funny to post and still be 'offline' :p
and i love analyzing ppl from a distance like.

whats the problem? you feel its dishonest or anything?

toolsofthetrade said:
whats the problem? you feel its dishonest or anything?

No, just ridiculous -- I always have the idea those who are hiding think they're so important that it makes a difference if they're seen online or not.

Höhöhö

well, your idea doesnt apply to me :)
i dont feel 'important' or whatever.

u'd better ask the UM gods to tell u why they implemented the option in the first place.

I stealth mode because I stalk, lurk, and am being stalked. There is always a way for people to know you're here though even if you don't post, that is, on most forums that have stealth.

Plus, i always was the one to sit in the back of the class so nobody could be looking at me without my knowing about it. I'm not like that now, but often wonder what people are looking or finding so interesting when they're staring at me now. Especially if they smile at me as well. WTF? What do they want?!

nomana-nuniyan said:
I stealth mode because I stalk, lurk, and am being stalked. There is always a way for people to know you're here though even if you don't post, that is, on most forums that have stealth.

Plus, i always was the one to sit in the back of the class so nobody could be looking at me without my knowing about it. I'm not like that now, but often wonder what people are looking or finding so interesting when they're staring at me now. Especially if they smile at me as well. WTF? What do they want?!
have you considered the thought that a smile from another person can be a friendly gesture without expecting anything in return? try it...