Thoughts on CoB

hey man, welcome . See I dont think theres anything wrong with AYDY ,theres just no that much right with it either. There's hardly any real 'wow' moments for me and nothing really stands out like on every previous album. i think everything just feels a bit plain and stripped down and less "magical" than before(I cant beleive I used the word magical) but in saying that they're still better than most shite young bands out there,and they still do sound like bodom, so you know its not as if theyve crumbled into a shell of their former sleves,theyre just not quite as good as before i guess.

Thrash fiend said:
hey man, welcome . See I dont think theres anything wrong with AYDY ,theres just no that much right with it either. There's hardly any real 'wow' moments for me and nothing really stands out like on every previous album. i think everything just feels a bit plain and stripped down and less "magical" than before.

I mostly agree with that statement.

"Are You Dead Yet?" to me is not a terrible record, nor their best. However, I do think it is great. The music on AYDY to me sounds alot different then what has created the past albums.

Thrash fiend said:
hey man, welcome . See I dont think theres anything wrong with AYDY ,theres just no that much right with it either. There's hardly any real 'wow' moments for me and nothing really stands out like on every previous album. i think everything just feels a bit plain and stripped down and less "magical" than before(I cant beleive I used the word magical) but in saying that they're still better than most shite young bands out there,and they still do sound like bodom, so you know its not as if theyve crumbled into a shell of their former sleves,theyre just not quite as good as before i guess.

I agree.

Every album had something more going on in the music you could feel it when listening. That's why I always loved CoB. They made listening to music exciting. But the new album just sounds like it's empty. It misses so much that the other albums included. Thus making it less exciting than before. I am slightly greatful for this though because it's forced me to look for other music and in return have been listening to Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Thyrfing and Norther a hell of a lot more now.

I've listened to CoB once since I saw them live on November 22. I recently moved to Finland and didn't bring a single album of theirs with me. So I won't be listening anytime soon.

They arent the same anymore but what i cant stand is the kids who take pride in not liking them anymore. In my eyes, they are worse than the fan boys.

That doesnt make sense to me. Why would age have anything to do with what i said. Im 21 by they way. I was using the term "kid" generally, i didnt intend it to mean real young people.

Your American, yeah? If i remember correctly, you folks say "kid" more generally? If so, its just bad translation, apologies.

Yes I'm American, go ahead and stereotype me as a metalcore alexi fanboy if you like.

Ralf said:
don't get bitchy because of being American, we feel sorry for you.
hahaha, thats awesome, some of us appreciate the pity, I know I do. These are dark times for our country, dark times indeed. But Im hoping things change when we vote out that uneducated moron as our pres.

I recently started posting here, but I have been a fan since hatebreeder...well more to the point, I got into COB a few months before FTR came out. Needless to say, I am in love with the old style, and I cant say Im too fond of the new style. I think the "attitude" everyone speaks of is cheesy and lame. I think its not nearly as intense, and its much slower and alot less melodic. I was hoping most of AYDY would sound like Trashed Lost and Strungout (which I think is the strongest track on AYDY), and it really didnt.

That being said, I did purchase AYDY, and I pop it in once in awhile to hear TLaS, and the title song, and a couple others. I dont think this is a step in the right direction, and Id be very very unlikely to buy the next cd that will come out. This has happened to me many times before when I was in different stages of my metal appreciation: In Flames, Slayer, Soulfly, Metallica, the list goes on and on. Bands just get less heavy. It sucks, but its a part of metal. I dont have any bitter resentment, Im just a fan of the older stuff, and personally, I would have loved a few more albums that sound like Hatebreeder, SW, and FTR. That would be exactly what I wanted, in fact. These days Im always searching for bands that have a similar style to COB's original sound a la Skyfire.

JD18 said:
They arent the same anymore but what i cant stand is the kids who take pride in not liking them anymore. In my eyes, they are worse than the fan boys.
Afuckinggreed. It's your own freaking businesws if you don't like AYDY, and in fact i don't give a flying fuck about your musical taste.
BUT YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. For the "Omg I'm so underground and tr00 that I can't even admit I ever liked COB" attitude is even FAR more pathetic than the "Allu=God!!1", blind fanboyish one.
Get a life.
Go to the mesageboard of a band you still respect.
Naff Off.
QUIT your whiiining. ":cry:"

I dont like Are You Dead Yet much but I dont think it does any good to sit online and trash it all day. If that makes me an idiot, than I'm confused. You obviously like the band if you post daily on their message boards. If you feel criticism is due then criticize, but the extent that some of you guys take it to is rediculous.

Although im a bit displeased with AYDY, I'm still a fan of them and even if i wasn't I just don't see it fit to trash it all year long. Just say "It sucks, and until they change their style again im not buying their cds anymore!" and let that be the end of it. The album is going to rewrite itself due to constant criticism, nor will the band return to its old style because of your bitching.

So if you think Are You Dead Yet sucks then just say that it sucks and lay it to rest. I'll start..

Are You Dead Yet sucks

I feel better already.

AYDY doesn't really suck but is not exactly fucking stellar either.
I was blinded and used to think COB were gods (almost 3 years ago that was) but now I think they're just a regular metal band -nothing less, nothing more. Although an incedibly successful one. Cocaine, prostitutes, obesity and mansions are Alexi's immediate future. Or maybe already his present life. Deal with it fanbois :zombie: he IS no longer the talented metal boy next door.

JD18 said:

I take pride in the fact that I like FtW and before. And I am probably older than you. I'm NOT a kid.

Ho yeah and I'm a Canadian and cut tree to make live my family...

Bodom is bodom, I'm sure that people who say that AYDY? suck never listen, but I say LISTEN to the album. It's just prejudice or shit like that.

Well, being from the United States, C.O.B. just has a very distinctive sound. & I like that. Alot of our stuff here tends to follow the same lines and C.O.B. is a kick ass band that mixes it up and crosses the normal lines for us. I LOVE their older stuff... that's what I found first. But, I do like some of the newer stuff too.

Like I said, they are unique to me and that turns me on to them. :headbang: