Stem from a record I just finished. Diezel, Rivera, Mesa

Jordon

Sep 14, 2008
Chicago
Just a stem track. If you guys want to hear it in a mix, I can get something up tomorrow, I forgot to bounce a mix without vocals.

4 tracks of rhythm: Diezel CH3 and Rivera KTre on the right, Mesa Dual Recto (Ch3 Modern) and Diezel Ch4 on the left. Boosted with an OD808 through a Rivera 4x12 with Vintage 30's and G12T75's. Mics were summed to "tape" through the board, an SM57, e609, 421 and 414. Can't remember what guitars were used exactly. There's a few PRS's and some EBMM stuff going on.

"Alone" Rhythm Guitar Stem

"Alone" no vocals

"Alone" bass stem

"Alone" drum stem

The drums were done in Studio 4 at CRC in Chicago, IL. Kick was stacked (not replaced) with Slate 10Z1, the snare was stacked with 2 samples, but I couldn't tell you what unless I opened up the session notes. I think there was some Slate 5a in there. The snare used on these sessions was a Morgan Rose signature Pearl.

The rest of the record was done at our studio outside of Chicago.

awesome mix of sounds dude. I can kinda hear the amp separation since you said what was happening on each side but together it sounds lovely and very cohesive. I would def like to hear a clip of the actual track, i think it would be interesting to hear how much the bass brings to the party.

very cool post man. Your mixes are among the best around here. I think you make interesting decisions with the treatment of individual sounds that come together nicely as a whole. Like the bass on this track has kind of got that slow phase / chorus effect going on and it works successfully without being the standard kind of semi distorted sound I hear around here alot. I find it enlightening to hear the separate elements on their own too, it reminds me that you can be a bit adventurous with things and that not everything has to sound perfect on its own to make a great mix. I struggle with that solo button haha.