Steve - can we cover some of your songs?

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
Might be a silly question but I want to cover my bases! I think I'm finally getting a group of people together to play power metal out here in the good ol' midwest USA and since Power Quest has been such a massive inspiration to me I want to cover some of your tunes, like Children of the Dream, Better Days, Survive...

Do you have any objection to this? I'd do my best to do the keyboard parts justice :)

I'm not Steve but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Just make sure you give him credit when performing the songs. It's also amazing that you're raising interest in power metal in the USA, as the scene there isn't as large as it is in Europe at the moment. Really a much needed boost, man.

Besides, kinda wondering where Steve is. A month since he last visited, but oh well.

No worries, I contacted Steve elsewhere and he gave me his blessing. :) We've been in a lull ever since PQ disbanded sadly. But I've met a lot of great people through here and keep checking in regardless of activity.

Power metal is definitely in a lull in the US and I'm unfortunately having a very hard time finding members who are both capable of playing the material and interested in playing it at all. With any luck I will find the rest of the members. Might have to get creative on the vocal front but I'm a good keyboardist so that right there is the 2nd hardest member to find taken care of ;)

No worries, I contacted Steve elsewhere and he gave me his blessing. :) We've been in a lull ever since PQ disbanded sadly. But I've met a lot of great people through here and keep checking in regardless of activity.

Power metal is definitely in a lull in the US and I'm unfortunately having a very hard time finding members who are both capable of playing the material and interested in playing it at all. With any luck I will find the rest of the members. Might have to get creative on the vocal front but I'm a good keyboardist so that right there is the 2nd hardest member to find taken care of ;)
You'll find eventually, keep searching and putting up ads everywhere, eventually someopne that's dedicated enough to stay in your band will jump in. :)

If the path from there is clear to you and you have the means to do so then it won't be too hard to become known and a successful band. But unless you're going to invest quite a lot of money in the project then not much may come out of it sadly. Do you have any specific thing you're trying to achieve with your band? I know some people merely want to just play music together and that's it, but some bands tend to set themselves a much more serious goal than that, like releasing many albums and touring around the world.

Indeed. Wish there were a good way of keeping in touch outside of this place, I just might have to give in to Facebook soon:p. Hope things are going well for you, man!

You'll find eventually, keep searching and putting up ads everywhere, eventually someopne that's dedicated enough to stay in your band will jump in. :)

If the path from there is clear to you and you have the means to do so then it won't be too hard to become known and a successful band. But unless you're going to invest quite a lot of money in the project then not much may come out of it sadly. Do you have any specific thing you're trying to achieve with your band? I know some people merely want to just play music together and that's it, but some bands tend to set themselves a much more serious goal than that, like releasing many albums and touring around the world.

Hi Noam. Wouldn't really say "not much may come out of it", but I guess that depends on how you see it. Plus, I think it takes more than money and commitment to become successful(not sure what though, luck?).

I'm not even thinking about releasing an album at this point. I just want to get my song ideas realized into full-fledged songs that can be played live. If at some point we get to make an album that'd be wonderful - but finding members around here is hard enough. Baby steps. :)