Steve Irwin RIP

still....here to the man himself...RIP Steve Irwin

beta191.gif

Mr Samsara said:
First: this is being allowed to remain because of the "Fallen Heros" thread and frankly... this will now always be a part of Opeth Forum Lore.

Second: I can't believe how much this event has bothered me. I was "Aware" of Steve... and had enjoyed him on Animal Planet/Discovery for a long time, but was not what you would call some "Rabid" fan. Last night I watched a special that was done after the "Baby Bob" incident and another Croc Hunter special which were quite revealing of his personality, ethics, passion, love for his kids and wife... it just tore me up and frankly still does. We're pretty close to the same age, I have a lovely wife, an 8 yr old daughter and a 3 year old son.... just like him. Perhaps that is a big part of it making it so easy to personalize I guess... but frankly the whole thing totaly sucks.:cry:

Third: We'll probably get to watch the whole thing.

I was watching Larry King last night and his manager said that the tape will more than likely be destroyed after the authorities are finished with it. I personally would never want to watch that!

I was watching the footage from the Australian Zoo with all the young children crying and leaving drawings at the memorial and about lost it!

Personally it saddens me that a guy gets famous and rich by wrestling with alligators and doing spectacular but stupid things, and that real scientists who actually make a difference for the animals they research get no to very little attention.

myra said:
I was watching Larry King last night and his manager said that the tape will more than likely be destroyed after the authorities are finished with it. I personally would never want to watch that!

I was watching the footage from the Australian Zoo with all the young children crying and leaving drawings at the memorial and about lost it!
It should be shown, that's what he wanted!

Opethian666 said:
Personally it saddens me that a guy gets famous and rich by wrestling with alligators and doing spectacular but stupid things, and that real scientists who actually make a difference for the animals they research get no to very little attention.

Yes, he rose to fame by "wrestling crocodiles" but he did make a difference for the animals. Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_irwin for enviromentalism. I've read that most of the money he made went into conservation acts while he and his family lived in a house in the middle of the zoo.

^That's nice, but it's still sad that most people don't care about the good things the man did (as you said, he rose to fame by wrestling crocs), but are just interested in seeing someone wrestling a big dangerous animal rather than try to do something to the destruction we are causing to this planet.
Anyways, I have respect for the effort and passion the man put in his love for nature, it would be a better place here if more people did that.

Although Steve Irwin was slightly crazy, what he did for raising awareness for protecting Australia's environment is highly commendable

Poor guy

Actaully, I've just finsihed reading a book called The Guv'nor, it's the biography of Lenny McLean, Bare knuckle boxer, weight lifter, and hardest man in Britain ever. Seems they spelled his nick name like that because that's the way it's pronounced, in Cockney dialect. However I'm from the North so we don't use the term guv'nor, I do say 'rubbish' though.

How about Chief?

"Up" the old apples, UP!

Besides which you don't say the full rhyme, just the bit that doesn't rhyme with the word you're getting at. Me old China - Old china plate - mate. The dog - the dog and bone - phone. plates - plates of meat - feet.

Easy.