Steven Slate Drums 4.0

It all really comes down to prefference, but if you want to get down to brass tacks, just find a .wav sample of the kick tone you want, and look on youtube for a tutorial on Izotopes Ozone-gtr tone matching. This software allows you to play a sample, and snapshot the spectrograph readout. Then you can take another separate snapshot, i.e. of what you are using now and use Ozones parametric eq to match 'your' kick tone snapshot to the desired one. Its not perfect, but its a helper. I know this method is a little over the top but it helped me learn what I wanted out of a kick, as far as eq settings. I own Ozone 4 and would be more than happy to help/provide insight. Keep in mind this is if you DO NOT wish to purchase another drum software, HAHA. But i use kick 10 and 16 blended in SSD4. Kick 10 is about 2 db louder that Kick 16 in my ssd mixer, but thats me. Let me know if you want some samples of it. Hope this helps!

You can get nearly any kick to have a metalcore sound. You have to do a ton of processing to kick 10 anyhow, it won't sound right dry anyways.