Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Teasers

I quite like every aspect of the sounds presented, not so much the dynamics or playing but that's a moot point and can easily be adjusted later on.
steven, when SSD4 comes out, will you make information about the gear used available? i.e. which instruments were sampled, which heads were used, mics, mic pres etc.
I don't think it'd be extremely important, however nice to know information.

Yes we'll have some papers on the kits used and tunings and mics etc...

We've sampled a lot of great cymbals from Soultone.. this is actually my favorite ride cymbal for rock and pop and keep in mind, on the demo posted he's only playng the bell so you haven't even got a taste of how versatile and expressive that ride is..., but for you metal guys we have some more metal sounding rides and hi hats as well. Same with the toms.. like I said, I recorded a set that was intended for harder music with fatter attack and quick decays.

The cymbals on SSD4 are really impressive sounding, and play very naturally. I'm giddy about em.

Heard a bit of this at NAMM and I thought it was pretty impressive. The Soultone cymbals are no joke. After I heard about them from SS I checked out thier booth. They really are great sounding pieces.
I like the ride in the clip, but I know they also had a variety of them at the showas well.

Loving the hat and overheads, snare has some nice ring to it. Kick is not my cup of tea though, also would be nice to hear what the ride sounds like if he could stop wanking the bell.

Excited for this to be released now :)

I like the cymbals a lot more than 3.5, interested to see how they fit into a full mix though!

Fuck yeah team slate :D
Will the new kits/samples be available as a upgrade/expansion for trigger ?

Since I dont really need the sampler vst or the old samples which I already have in SSD 3.5 AND trigger heh.

will your sampler support your own tci files? that would be great to be able to layer with our own custom created sounds. might be the sampler to end them for me :D ...just think of it.