Steven Wilson + Opeth

waz416c said:
even if its true...i havea very very hard tiem believeing that...why teh hell woudl a badn let their producer sing a proper vocal line on thier album.....i mena....Mike woudl have no problem...singing it...also its not liek SW's voice adds anythign to taht aprt...it actualyl soudns very much like Mike's.......so why did he sing there...??......im sure the guys wanted him to sing.......but that just sounds ratehr stupid to me.......a vocalist liek Mike shoudlnt have to use other's vox .....unless we're tlakin a duet or something........that bleak cameo was totally unneccessary..!!!..........i still have a hard tiem beleive it was SW.......o well.........Ill listen to it again...!!!........PEAC EOUT

ITS IN THE BOOKLET, ON THE SITE, IN INTERVIEWS, MIKE SAID HIMSELF THAT HE FAKED NOT BEING ABLE TO SING IT SO STEVEN WILSON WOULD SING IT FOR HIM.

daz436 said:
Nope, the first few mins is Steven Wilson growling like a badass:)

Yep, the first "ARGHhhh" on Wreath is Steven Wilson for sure. Then after that it is a growling exchange between Mike and Steven. Mike: "Falling inside again" Steven: "This nightmare always the same" Mike: "Still never enoughhhhhh", etc..
Then at the end when "Calling me back, Closure to bleak matters- I'm leaving
End of a search, Coming of morning," they are both growling at the same time. Steven adds to the overall brutality of the track.:headbang:

come on think about it, if he is leading the run for the next bloodbath vocalist of course he can growl...

Hlfreak said:
Yep, the first "ARGHhhh" on Wreath is Steven Wilson for sure. Then after that it is a growling exchange between Mike and Steven. Mike: "Falling inside again" Steven: "This nightmare always the same" Mike: "Still never enoughhhhhh", etc..
Then at the end when "Calling me back, Closure to bleak matters- I'm leaving
End of a search, Coming of morning," they are both growling at the same time. Steven adds to the overall brutality of the track.:headbang:

bullshit

:lol: at everyone thinking Steven Wilson did growls.

He's even mentioned in a few interviews that he can't do them and wouldn't want to anyway.

ppl here are really Gullable(sp?).....!!!.....ahahhaha........SW doin Growls...that be teh day....!!!!.....still findin it hard to beelive that he sang that..."DEvious movements"....PEAC EOUT

Jude said:
:lol: at everyone thinking Steven Wilson did growls.

He's even mentioned in a few interviews that he can't do them and wouldn't want to anyway.

Damn, I wish I was as clever as you.

Steve Wilson growling is such a funny image, I can just seem him now with recording his english accented growls, "Deadly Badgers!"

Imagine Stevie boy growling BWP: "sick lai'ons rais'd thi' monumenta' mar'k
the sun sets forev' ov' black'ater 'ark" :erk: