Steven Wilson will produce Orphaned Land!

It would be nice to have OL release a concert DVD after the ORWarriOR album
in the bonuses would be the videos for :Norra El Norra,Ocean Land and probably one or two vidoes from the new album
and an at least 40 minutes of "The Making of ORWarriOR" where you'll see plenty of Orphaned-Wilson action.

Hell, might as well pitch the idea to Kobi and have someone film the activity in the studio at the beginning of next year when the recording starts.
It's completely realistic and it's about time OL released a DVD.

Braighs said:
hmmm...Mabool sounded great. I wonder how Wilson will improve upon this.

I'm totally agree with you... "Mabool" has an excellent production indeed. Every instrument sounds clear and the mixing is awesome in my opinion.

But maybe Steve Wilson will bring some new ideas to these guys... I think they have enough ability to make it themselves, but with the Wilson's help they can go even further... You only have to hear his work with Opeth. "Still Life" was great, but in terms of production and new ideas, is a step under the later Opeth's releases...

I only hope they will not loose their "autenticity" with him... Steve Wilson's influence is in every record he produces, so I hope he will give some ideas, yes, but I hope that Orphaned Land doesn't loose this etnic and oriental feeling wich make this band so special...

We'll see... Can't wait to hear "ORwarriOR"!!!!:kickass:

Orphaned Child said:
I'm totally agree with you... "Mabool" has an excellent production indeed. Every instrument sounds clear and the mixing is awesome in my opinion.

But maybe Steve Wilson will bring some new ideas to these guys... I think they have enough ability to make it themselves, but with the Wilson's help they can go even further... You only have to hear his work with Opeth. "Still Life" was great, but in terms of production and new ideas, is a step under the later Opeth's releases...

I only hope they will not loose their "autenticity" with him... Steve Wilson's influence is in every record he produces, so I hope he will give some ideas, yes, but I hope that Orphaned Land doesn't loose this etnic and oriental feeling wich make this band so special...

We'll see... Can't wait to hear "ORwarriOR"!!!!:kickass:

I'm sure Steven Wilson will find a way to stick some telephone filter vocals on the new album...but seriously now...Steven Wilson's impact on Opeth's music really surprised me for the better side.I'm sure he'll bring a lot of his magic on the new album.

When the concert in Tel-Aviv ended after most of the people were out of the club and I was talking with Yossi and Uri I saw behaind the half closed curtain Steven Wilson explaining something to someone(perhaps Kobi or Avi Diamond) cause the rest of the guys were in the front.

paradoxile said:
I'm sure Steven Wilson will find a way to stick some telephone filter vocals on the new album...but seriously now...Steven Wilson's impact on Opeth's music really surprised me for the better side.I'm sure he'll bring a lot of his magic on the new album.

When the concert in Tel-Aviv ended after most of the people were out of the club and I was talking with Yossi and Uri I saw behaind the half closed curtain Steven Wilson explaining something to someone(perhaps Kobi or Avi Diamond) cause the rest of the guys were in the front.

Maybe he was trying to explain how telephone vocals would improve the Orphaned Land's music...:loco:

Now seriously... I think Steve Wilson is one of the most talented producers today... For Orphaned Land, I can't imagine someone better. I only hope they will not loose their trademarks... But If I think about it in a realistic way, I really don't believe this thing will happen.

I'm not really worried about that... The only preocupation I have, is that I think it's imposible to make something better than "Mabool". Will Orphaned Land together with Steve Wilson be able to surprise me?

I hope so!

Orphaned Child said:
Maybe he was trying to explain how telephone vocals would improve the Orphaned Land's music...:loco:

Now seriously... I think Steve Wilson is one of the most talented producers today... For Orphaned Land, I can't imagine someone better. I only hope they will not loose their trademarks... But If I think about it in a realistic way, I really don't believe this thing will happen.

I'm not really worried about that... The only preocupation I have, is that I think it's imposible to make something better than "Mabool". Will Orphaned Land together with Steve Wilson be able to surprise me?

I hope so!
amen!

As long as they don't go out and say "This will be our heaviest album so far", I'm anticipating this, too, very much. (Very very.. argh. I can go on!)

I just killed a mosquito.

Orphaned Child said:
The only preocupation I have, is that I think it's imposible to make something better than "Mabool".

They have already made a better album than Mabool.:heh:

The main point is to make again a perfect and also different sounding record. Sahara/El Norra Alila/Mabool, are all great, have the OL trademark sound, but also have differences each other. I think Steve Wilson will help them to make something really special and not similar to their previous works.

Morticia NL. said:
I said the same thing: how in the world can you top Mabool? The guys assured me it's possible.
I am eagerly awaiting to hear!!!! I put my trust in them, they can do it.:saint:

1-26138.jpg

:D :D :D