Still Life Cd-Cover.....

I'm confused; why is the reflection of a man in the water being attributed to the cross? If one looks closer, there is a man-like figure just below the cross.

Or, call me crazy.

I think if the other figure was supposed to be that significant, it would be brought to the front a bit more.

But because you can see the shadow and its not really hidden that is the focal point of that area.

Oh alright I found out where the man maybe is. So it's not the cross that is reflecting, but just the man (well there's a silhouette) who is on the other side of the lake. Interesting. But the silhouette is just hard to.. understand the way it is.

I regret getting the digipack with the DVD 5.1 in it. I could have cared less about that. I hate digipacks, and this one was so bulky and wide it got squashed in my glove compartment in my car. It happens to fit perfectly 15 cd's in it but because this was so wide I accidentally crushed it when I slamed my glove compartment. I may have to get a new Stilllife cd but will seek out the regular one.

STILL LIFE MEANINGS

Finally, the name itself, Still life, while not only sounding pretty cool, and (personnally) very deep, could mean many things. I don't know which of the suggestion it really means, but let's see what I can find...

The part about "objects" does not really apply (while we could think God is man-made) but the interesting parts is about the fact that it is unanimated (that stands still, doesn't move...), Mikael always loved that kind of portray. We can also find it in Watershed. It's like a picture of a particular moment, a situation, that seems now eternal on the picture (the end of the story seems to tell that the protagonist and Melinda will love each other beyond life, into eternity). The definition also suggests an "artificial setting", which could mean life itself, like if all in their lives was artificial, and that they only needed to escape from this prison, from the village, together, and go far away. Sadly, the story tells that they only way for them to flee was death, and I think the little outro at the end of White Cluster clearly represent that situation, while very sad, we can feel something beautiful, peaceful, that clearly shows us that while the conclusion seems negative, death (for the protagonist who died after Melinda, and in the end just wanted to join her) was
in fact a deliverance.

And after all, even if this is a story on a album, told with music, this is still life, it's still how life was, is and will probably be. People will always believe in Gods because of their fear, will always generate so much injustice.. and even if one dies, or many, it's still life, after all , and there will always be unsolved questions, unclear situations.

Still Life = obscure prog band. :p

Well "My Arms, Your Hearse" are lyrics from a Comus song and Blackwater Park is a prog band as well. I see a trend here...

You mean.. all My Arms Your Hearse ?? Or just the idea? I could agree for the trend, because Blackwater Park is not a easy title. But even if they're prog bands, I believe and hope these name are more significant.