Still Life Questions

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
For the most part, the storyline behind "Still Life" is fairly clear. However, there are a few details that I have been unable to discern. I am sure that there has been similar threads posted here, but if someone wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me, I would really appreciate it.

1) At what age is our hero driven from the town of his birth?

2) Why is he driven from the town?

3) When he comes back, does he walk around town unrecognized, or does he hide on the outskirts?

Thanks,

GZ

1) I don't think there is any info on his age. Probably during his adolescence or early adulthood. See below why..

2) He was exiled from his birthplace because he started questioning himself about the (non)existence of god and all that stuff. The townsppl were christians, they didn't want his "questioning" to spread like a virus and destroy their little innocent flawless christian community, so they exiled him.

3) I think he's not recognised at first. He is not recognized til he meets Melinda that is..

Originally posted by TheMindzI

3) I think he's not recognised at first. He is not recognized til he meets Melinda that is..

I think,They recognized him in Moonlapse Vertigo.
See here:

" My presence blacken their patterns, A pock in the healthy and calm" Hes walking into the town here - this is my guess

There scron behind my back.....no trace of reverence left, Immorial fire in their eyes"
I think their eyes are upon him as he moves amongst them....he realizes : "I would perish at the given signal..."

Its night time during this because after he says "Through the forest came the morn."

I'm not so sure though.

What do you think about this line that he say's twice :

" Across the leafy pathway, Their deeds smeared in blood, For all to behold, the council of the cross, Must have sensed my coming."