Still Life questions

Hmm, I believe that the guy in the story somewhere along the line manages to kill Melinda, in somekind of accident. I don't remember what part of the lyrics told me this, but anyway... This would also explain why the council, or the christians wanted to kill him in the end of the album.

Originally posted by Myrk-Alv
Hmm, I believe that the guy in the story somewhere along the line manages to kill Melinda, in somekind of accident. I don't remember what part of the lyrics told me this, but anyway... This would also explain why the council, or the christians wanted to kill him in the end of the album.

naaahhhh. Somebody kills her (possibly her husband) but it's not him.
"Ripped from my embrace......Red line round her neck.....met the earth in silence....." Serenity Painted Death is the song where she dies.

They hung him because he was banished and came back and stole some dudes wife. They thought he was evil. ( which he probaly was)

Originally posted by Oyo
Yeah I kind of forgot about the Bob thing and forgot to call him that. Benighted is about their first night together again. Someone else want to give their opinion on when Melinda and Bob :D first meet? It just seems to me they meet in the end of Godhead's Lament :confused:

Nop.. they meet up for the first time in Face Of Melinda.. Mikael said that in an interview, I didn't figure it out myself. But there was nothing about the end of the story. He just said "awful things happen". That wasn't very specific :) And it seems to be more complicated than I thought.. everybody has its own interpretation..

Sweet mother of all that is good and pure, this is complicated. :D

Before reading this thread, I always thought that Face of Melinda is when Bob found out that Melinda was cheating on him (HARLOT of God upon the earth :confused: ). Then Bob kills Melinda in SPD 'cos he's pissed off, and then he attacks the townspeople 'cos he's REALLY pissed off. Then they hang him in White Cluster.

But no, after this thread, I realise that I was (probably) wrong. Damn.

Has anyone emailed Mikael to ask him to explain it somewhere?

Ok guys we are going to fix this one once and for all. I have emailed Akerfeldt asking for a brief literal interpretation of Still Life on behalf of the people arguing about it. Any bets as to whether I will hear back from him? Anyway let's keep our fingers crossed. As soon as I get a reply I will post it here.

Any bets as to whether I will hear back from him?

maybe, as their tour ends quite soon. Most musicians (in metal at least) are good about answering their fans (though I'm STILL waiting to hear from Swano confirming he recieved my CD order-cash in the mail is not a sure thing!)...