I aquired Still Life yesterday...

Originally posted by Soul Forlorn
I agree, Duvall. I love Morningrise's sound. I like Orchid's better but in actuality they are really quite similar. The guitar sound on Morningrise seems a bit more crunchy, not as smooth. After Morningrise the production gets just a tad too muddy for my taste. I love being able to hear all the instruments and all the parts distinctly.

Hail to that too.
Swano did some great work in those albums.

Orchid+Morningrise are just out of this world.

Sound quality on MAYH is somewhat Muddy.

But then Still Life is also the opposite. Where on earth is the bass guitar on that album? I love every album.

On BWP they got the Production JUST RIGHT!

Morningrise does seem to have a slightly tinny production. But I try not to hold that against the album.

also, not enough people on this forum seem to appreciate Orchid!

Originally posted by Sputnik
I think that Morningrise is definetly the worst album...the sound on the CD is terrible...
BAAHH! Morningrise is the best one! :eek:
and the sound is good, it is just so fantastic on the acstic parts, I just love them(Nectar comes to mind ;) )
and allso Orchid is really great, but I like Morningrise bether 'cuz there is more floting in the music...
so Morningrise is THE best....
but thats me :D

People have probably already said this, but I'll repeat it for my own benefit.

On Morningrise, all the guitars seem distinct from each other, you can really tell which is which. On Still Life, they all seem to blend in together. But maybe that's just because I've listened to Morningrise more.

:D