Stinnett Guitars, new designs on the drawing board:

STINNETT

Bad / Nationwide
Dec 12, 2005
USA
www.stinnettguitars.com
I'm sketching up some alternative body designs, so I thought I would get some feedback from you guys on a couple of them.

This design is just an exercise in absurdity, I'm sure it'll never be built but I can at least say that I would do something this ridiculous if you wanted it!
metal-1Large.jpg

There is a large demand for single cut guitars, and it's hard to deviate too much from the norm there - here is my first idea:
single-cut-3Large.jpg

(Here is a revised version)
sc4Large.jpg

What do you think?

My only complaint about the first one is the top rear fin is a bit long for my tastes. Killer fucking headstock, though.
I don't care for the body style of the 2nd one but the headstock is pretty cool.

BTW, the pics in one of your other threads about Stinnett were fucking georgeous, man.

Hmm, I can't say I like the top (too long, narrow, and thin for my tastes), but I LOVE the second one! Having the slant on the left side go from top to bottom (rather than bottom to top, like the ESP Viper or the Warrior Singlecuts, for example) is a really cool look!

Thanks guys. Yeah, that first one is more about just making the statement that I will build something that ridiculous if you want me to. :)

I'm going to do some more refining on the single cut and I'll probably build a prototype of that one pretty soon.

I wouldnt do that however, at least a custom order, guitars with those edgy shapes tend to get totalled really fast, especially if gigged :(

Id like the second one if it looked more like this(Needs allot of finetuning, but im no photoshop-wizard!):

myidea.jpg

You react like that to that model? But not to the pointy jagged muccapatchoo? ;D

.. Damn, you guys are wierd! ;)

2nd one is close... I'd say skew the bottom half of the guitar towards the headstock a bit... giving it a bit more of a rake and a bit longer horn.... and I prefer the headstock on the first.

Almost like THIS bottom half, with your top half...

color_transblack.jpg

2nd one is close... I'd say skew the bottom half of the guitar towards the headstock a bit... giving it a bit more of a rake and a bit longer horn.... and I prefer the headstock on the first.

Almost like THIS bottom half, with your top half...

color_transblack.jpg

actually... if you make the bottom (where the strap button is located) more round like LesPaul, leave your bottom horn the way it is and make the upper bout a sharp point (like the BCRich above) that returns to the neck along the same curve it is now, i think you'll have a winner...

also, the first design looks like you spilled a virtual drink...

that is all.

I want to keep the single cut shape fairly traditional, something that old school cats would still appreciate. I've done some refining and I think I'm zeroing in on something I like.

Oh yeah, and I've already forgotten about that first one. It was just for kicks. :lol:

single-cut-4Large.jpg

I really dig it personally, but I've decided I can never again purchase a single cut, cuz I need to be able to have my thumb behind my fingers up at the high frets, which an upper cutaway allows (took me awhile to realize that with my EC-400 though, I always knew it was uncomfortable to solo on up there, but for awhile never really realized the single-cut shape was the biggest reason why)

Both look too hm... deformed for my taste, but that's just me...I like symmetry :)

I like the headstock, though.