Stoner/Doom/Psychadelic Recommendations

Dude, Ali, if you don't get Orange Goblin's "The Big Black," I'll kick you. I also second Dream's Kyuss suggestion. Get it.

Fuck, I could go on all day in this category. Heavy/retro/desert/stoner rock is teh r00ls.

yes Margugs, i have to agree with Sheavy, try out their lastest called "Synchronized"
Roadsaw "Nationwide" is decent Stoner
and why hasn't anyone recommended Trouble?! their self-titled album is excellent, Plastic Green Head is good too
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Depths of Sorrow is another good one as well

Also, 100% agree with Cathedral - Ethereal Mirror, but i do have a soft spot for Caravan Beyond Redemption too

Dark Chapter said:
and why hasn't anyone recommended Trouble?! their self-titled album is excellent, Plastic Green Head is good too
Actually, my mistake there I suppose. Papa Josh sent me a tape of theirs, "Manic Frustration" and I love it. Believe it or not, I had not even heard of this band until they were lined up for the BW&BK festival last year.

That's one's nice as well, Side A being the better if we're speaking in terms of the cassette, but it's a good listen. Check out the 2 i mentioned, if you'd like i can send them your way through some program or what have you. I can send CD-R as well if that tickles your fancy. Won't cost you anything to have me do so.

An afterthought... I don't know how familiar you are with In the Woods... but on their Omnio album there are some Doom/Psychadelic type moments going on throughout it. Excellent listening regardless

Dark Chapter said:
I can send CD-R as well if that tickles your fancy. Won't cost you anything to have me do so.
That is well generous of you, but if you're going to the trouble (pardon the pun), at least let me paypal you for the postage etc.

I looked up your recommendation for Solitude Aeturnus and both Into the Depths of Sorrow and Beyond the Crimson Horizon start at $50. And this is on half.com so I assume these are hard-to-find items.

Anyway, I made a haul which I'll post below...

OK here is my latest haul. Everything was bought on half.com based on price, with Danzig being the cheapest, and Acid Bath being the most expensive. All together, this haul averaged out at $5 each including shipping.

DANZIG - How the Gods Kill
SAINT VITUS - s/t
THE OBSESSED - The Church Within
EVOKEN - Quietus
ACID BATH - Pagan Terrorism Tactics
KYUSS - Sky Valley
CATHEDRAL - The Ethereal Mirror

Would have got some Orange Goblin, but it was over $10!!

bah, i'm not worried about it, at most postage would be $2 and the discs about .50¢ i can just cram it all in mp3 format onto one disc if you want encoded at 192 or higher. Those albums are either out of print or hard to find so i have no moral inhibitions about giving it away. PM me your address and i'll get it in the mail tomorrow for ya.

St. Vitus is a name I haven't heard for awhile, let me know how that is. Whoever ends up with it. :)

That Danzig is amazing. If Bodies doesn't move you in ways that 4p did, I'll label you silly. :loco:

Dark Chapter said:
bah, i'm not worried about it, at most postage would be $2 and the discs about .50¢ i can just cram it all in mp3 format onto one disc if you want encoded at 192 or higher. Those albums are either out of print or hard to find so i have no moral inhibitions about giving it away. PM me your address and i'll get it in the mail tomorrow for ya.
Wow, again that is highly decent of you. If there is anything you ever need from me, I'll be happy to do the same.

Welcome to the forum too. :cool:

NAD said:
That Danzig is amazing. If Bodies doesn't move you in ways that 4p did, I'll label you silly. :loco:
Cannot wait. Danzig 4 is not leaving the car for a while. I think Haddsie will like some of the new music I'm getting too.

Dude - Danzig III was $2.00 (like new). Just amazing. One month ago, I would have paid $13 for that somewhere else.

You gotta love half.com

All the shit I looked for today was $6 or more, and I shunned it. :lol:

Thank you sir and it's not a problem =) Yea i've been creeping around the forum a bit i'm sure you've noticed. Everyone here seems cool and i like to give a helping hand when able. I don't have anything in mind presently that's screaming to me "HEY LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEEEEE" but i'll keep your offer in mind =) I appreciate it. I'll make that CD in a bit and get it ready to ship for ya...

Dark Chapter said:
Thank you sir and it's not a problem =) Yea i've been creeping around the forum a bit i'm sure you've noticed. Everyone here seems cool and i like to give a helping hand when able. I don't have anything in mind presently that's screaming to me "HEY LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEEEEE" but i'll keep your offer in mind =) I appreciate it. I'll make that CD in a bit and get it ready to ship for ya...
Yeah RC is a cool forum, even if I do say so myself. It's all these regulars who spoil it though. :loco: Whereabouts are you based? Are you USA?

Re: CD-R's or whatever, if you read any of my reviews and you think you might want a copy to check it out, then feel free to ask.

Yep i'm in USA, FL actually but am moving to TX around March - June because i'm gettin' married so yea. I hear there aren't many jobs there so i'm kinda stressed about that but i guess i'll manage somehow :ill: