Stoner/Doom/Psychadelic Recommendations

Dark Chapter, whereabouts in Texas are you moving?

There are jobs here, you just have to look hard and be patient. My fiance is currently looking for a new job and she's received many emails and calls regarding her resume. You shouldn't have a problem. Don't let the Enron thing scare you. It's old news.

Dark Chapter said:
bah, i'm not worried about it, at most postage would be $2 and the discs about .50¢ i can just cram it all in mp3 format onto one disc if you want encoded at 192 or higher. Those albums are either out of print or hard to find so i have no moral inhibitions about giving it away. PM me your address and i'll get it in the mail tomorrow for ya.
That is very nice of you. So why ruin such classic stuff by encoding it to mp3? Be even nicer and spend the extra $.30 on the 2nd blank and keep it in WAV. :)

Don't mind me, I'm an anti-mp3 Nazi.

I should have skipped work to post in this thread.

JayKeeley: Good job on getting Kyuss. I would call them metal in the same sense that Orange Goblin and Grand Magus are metal. I don't know why you wouldn't call them metal. They are an ESSENTIAL band for anybody that listens to music with guitars.

I would recommend Electric Wizard, and I think you might like them. They are a VERY angry, drug influenced, stoner/doom-metal band. Dreamlord didn't really like them. I'm not sure why.

Grand Magus, Place of Skulls, and The Hidden Hand had the three best stoner/doom/70's albums of 2003. Be sure to watch for them.

npearce said:
I should have skipped work to post in this thread.

JayKeeley: Good job on getting Kyuss. I would call them metal in the same sense that Orange Goblin and Grand Magus are metal. I don't know why you wouldn't call them metal. They are an ESSENTIAL band for anybody that listens to music with guitars.
Well said.

I would recommend Electric Wizard, and I think you might like them. They are a VERY angry, drug influenced, stoner/doom-metal band. Dreamlord didn't really like them. I'm not sure why.
Must...not...comment.... ;)

Don't know. EW just didn't keep me interested. Too much droning for my tastes, which is why I can't listen to Khanate or Sunn0)))

Dreamlord said:
Dark Chapter, whereabouts in Texas are you moving?

There are jobs here, you just have to look hard and be patient. My fiance is currently looking for a new job and she's received many emails and calls regarding her resume. You shouldn't have a problem. Don't let the Enron thing scare you. It's old news.
I'm moving to McAllen:Spin:

@Markgugs : Well i would have done that but i've decided to send JayKeely a few CDs and mp3 would be a lot less of a headache. So far i'm sending : Trouble - Trouble and Plastic Green Head, Roadsaw - Nationwide, Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption, Rise 13 Magick Rock Vol. 1 Doom/Stoner Comp., Solitude Aeturnus - Into the Depths of Sorrow and if there's any extra room i might add a few miscellanious things as well...

BTW, it's disgusting that Monster Magnet has yet to be mentioned in this thread. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're integral to the sound and its evolution throughout the '90s. Not to mention their first 2-3 albums are quintessential WAY-THE-FUCK-FAR-OUT heavy space rock.

Dark Chapter said:
@Markgugs : Well i would have done that but i've decided to send JayKeely a few CDs and mp3 would be a lot less of a headache....
Hey, I can always convert the MP3's back into WAV files if need be. No biggie. Ignore Gugs - he's being a dull cunt. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Hey, I can always convert the MP3's back into WAV files if need be. No biggie. Ignore Gugs - he's being a dull cunt. :loco:
Horseshit, you're just showing that you don't get what an MP3 does to a WAV file either.

[rant]IT COMPRESSES THE SOUND. PERIOD. You cannot convert it back to its original state with anything less than a time machine. You have something that is LESS than what it was before.

It removes every OUNCE of sound above 16,000kHz, in effect, the high-end. It sucks. It is evil. I don't know why no one in here cares, especially since everyone is a music devotee and is as passionate about music as I am.

The fucking MP3 was created when people were lucky if they had 8 GB hard drives. Who needs files that fucking small anyway now? Seriously. There is literally NO reason to ever convert something to an MP3 now, unless you need to digitally transfer a sample of something quickly to someone through the internet. If you're going to go through the trouble of burning it to disc and mailing it, why waste your time fucking it up?[/rant]

Simple - because he can get 5 albums on to one disc. It's convenient. I'll probably listen to it on my PC with headphones, and at 192K, I will never know the difference. Plus it's a good way to check music out before buying the real thing.

Ali, you know my rant wasn't directed entirely at you.

I just can't fucking figure why people honestly CARE ABOUT their music (we're not talking top-40 cloned brainwashed morons here) would accept a lesser substitute than the real thing. It's mind-boggling to me.

npearce knows what's up, yo.