Stoner Rock for the Summer -- any recommendations?

I'll go ahead and admit that I have no idea what stoner rock really is because I've never really been into anything that was labelled as such, but I've seen these local dudes placed in that category so I thought I would throw them in the mix in case anyone digs them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoner rock = Sweet Leaf and co.

icon14.gif

This is pretty cool, may give these vunts another go. They never grabbed me in the past, but this is hooking me like a chilean sea bass in an Atacaman ravine*.

*Not found in said waters

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend me some stuff similar to that Elder album in the tournament? I can't really be arsed to read this whole thread, and I think the recos in this thead probably span a whole bunch of crap, so I'm looking specifically for stuff in that vein.

Yeah that was the first Elder I really enjoyed. Listened to it again after voting against it, omfg! I bought one of their other albums awhile ago and never much cared for it.

I am no longer well-versed in the new era of stoner (I kinda..........burned out...........of the genre), but it reminded me of Unida when they got all heavy at the end. So I'd say Acid King, Church of Misery, etc.

Reactions: Doom and spikes77
I think I've seen Church of Misery live and thought "I'm definitely going to check these guys out" and then obviously never did. I will rectify that now.

I own all Church of Misery. I love me some serial killer stoner doom.

I will throw out Howling Giant and Sergeant Thunderhoof.

Oh and Spaceslug!

@NAD This screams press play right fuggin NOW!

Psychedelic Belgium Waffle Metal, hold the syrup. Also hold the phone, we got some atmosphere brewing here fellas. This isnt your Dad's psych, but I guaranfuckingtee you will reach the same destination, via a diff path.

@Krilons Resa Think you would dig this as well.

Reactions: NAD
How about the band SLEEP, I have all their albums, some consider them Doom Metal and some say they are Stoner Metal, I don't know, I know they are one of my favorites and SLEEP-Holy Mountain is classic.

Can anyone recommend Stoner/Doom Metal female fronted bands? Without growling vocals.

I heard a Doom band fronted by a female where they covered a Sabbath song and her voice sounded so beautiful doing her own rendition of Planet Caravan.