Stoner Rock for the Summer -- any recommendations?

Lets not fucking kid ourselves here. YOB's greatest effort is whichever you happen to be listening to at the time. Can you really say any of them falls flat compared to the others? They're a band you simply cannot go wrong with Nico. My preference slightly goes towards Catharsis but I've always been crazy so..

As for my reco... Ever hear Elder?

http://www.myspace.com/beholdtheelder

Lets not fucking kid ourselves here. YOB's greatest effort is whichever you happen to be listening to at the time. Can you really say any of them falls flat compared to the others? They're a band you simply cannot go wrong with Nico. My preference slightly goes towards Catharsis but I've always been crazy so..

This.

My favorite is Catharsis followed by The Unreal Never Lived.

...and that Ancestors album is good stuff too.

Not sure. I never really got into his other albums to be honest. There was one other that was alright but can't remember the name. Jalamanta is one of my favorite SR albums ever though. It's so chill.

If you listed out the discography, in order of preference, how would that look? Gracias.

1 - Jalamanta
2 - Brant Bjork and the Operators (fucking love this one, almost on par with Jalamanta but a little less ambitious)
3 - Local Angel
4 - Tres Dias
5 - Saved by Magic (Brant Bjork & the Bros)
anything else I either haven't heard or wasn't very impressed by (Punk Rock Guilt)

I tried bb. Its too mellow for my mandibbles. Give me kyuss, clutch, bonzilla, iron monkey,
Yeah... it's definitely a wide ranging genre. I actually prefer... some of you may want to sit down for this... Brant's work to Kyuss. Don't get me wrong, I dig Kyuss. But I prefer where Brant's head is at. Ironically I listened to both Iron Monkey and Bongzilla yesterday, and ditched both after one or two tracks. Different strokes...

Yeah, Brant Bjork's music gives me images of Mexicans driving around in their turquoise, tricked-out, hydraulic, El Caminos in the hot summer sun. Palm trees abound, bong in lap, and a Corona in hand, with heads-a-bobbin to the funky grooves. Easy-going and not a damn thing can interrupt this pleasant state of mind.

Yeah, Brant Bjork's music gives me images of Mexicans driving around in their turquoise, tricked-out, hydraulic, El Caminos in the hot summer sun. Palm trees abound, bong in lap, and a Corona in hand, with heads-a-bobbin to the funky grooves. Easy-going and not a damn thing can interrupt this pleasant state of mind.
This.

By the way, why is there no bong smoking emoticon? Seem like a serious oversight.

So you guys are saying I should check out Brant Bjork? Is it more mellow like Colour Haze or what?

I'm checking this out now. I definitely see what you guys mean. This is really smooth/groovy rock. Not as distorted as I'm used to, but definitely relaxing.