Storm's A-Comin' - Matt Smith - Chord chart and lyrics?

Forearms

New Metal Member
Nov 19, 2013
Matt

I love the arrangement. My wife who stylically doesn't like Theocracy (shame on her) really enjoyed this song. Would you be able to provide a chord chart for this arrangement? I play in a contemporary worship band and would love to present this to the group to consider playing. This was brilliantly done and I'd love to be able to share it with others through the group I play with.

Our worshp team (that I also play lead guitar on) covered Bethlehem for Christmas last year.

God Bless
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to convince my Worship team (I play bass) to play Bethlehem for Christmas last year. Sadly, it was rejected.

As for Storm's a Comin', it's not really a worship-y song is it? Isn't it just like...about a storm?

Just as much On Eagles' Wings is about genetically enhanced avians. (I couldn't resist)

It's a shame your suggestion got rejected Rawshik, ask them again, it'd be great if that song got popular, it's got such a good Christmasy vibe.

Sorry for the off topic

edit: wow Mike, you guys Nailed that cover

I tried to convince my Worship team (I play bass) to play Bethlehem for Christmas last year. Sadly, it was rejected.

As for Storm's a Comin', it's not really a worship-y song is it? Isn't it just like...about a storm?

I took the song as how our life will be filled with storms (challenges in life) and the Lord always is around and sees us through. That is the message of the song. Not an actual weather storm !!

Now as far as it being a worship song, there are times in the contemporary service where the song played during the offering is a performance worship tune, this song fits this role.

It's a shame your suggestion got rejected Rawshik, ask them again, it'd be great if that song got popular, it's got such a good Christmasy vibe.

I know, and our team would totally do it justice. We already have our list for this year though and we're doing pretty much awful stuff.

I took the song as how our life will be filled with storms (challenges in life) and the Lord always is around and sees us through. That is the message of the song. Not an actual weather storm !!

That's what I figured. I'd like to know what Matt was thinking when he wrote it.