Strange notion after Fear Factory/Misery Index gig (5150 vs Ampeg)

I remember an Ampeg guitar head back in the early 90s, that had a lock on it (an actual lock for an actual key) to lock the amps settings! I think Zakk Wylde endorsed it too! Not sure, the 90s were all about the colors man , you know!o_O Is this the same head. I never tried it. Couldn't get it unlocked at the store!:mad:

that head was hilarious, the lee jackson ampeg with the key. we drooled over it in a store back in the day. I vowed to get one someday, but never did. as I recall, the key just turned it off and on, and didn't lock anything or come out of its slot (I could be wrong though).

the key did come out...it lived on my keyring for like 5 years

and it didn't actually turn it on and off - when you turned the key into the "off" position, it made it so that the amp could be switched on to standby, but not actually turned on

great feature for those who leave shit at a practice space, or who have nosy little brothers and whatnot

the key did come out...it lived on my keyring for like 5 years

and it didn't actually turn it on and off - when you turned the key into the "off" position, it made it so that the amp could be switched on to standby, but not actually turned on

great feature for those who leave shit at a practice space, or who have nosy little brothers and whatnot

ahh, thanks for clarifying

Edit:
Oh yeah, I stood right on the frontrow in the middle. The sound was very nice overall in that spot throughout the three bands (M.A.N., Misery Index & Fear Factory), though :)

FWIW (I know this is old as fuck), if you were right at the front of the stage, you were hearing mostly stage volume, and what was coming through the PA may or may not have been completely different (unless the venue has a center fill over the front row of the stage)

Have to disagree with the original post. Afew weeks back we played with Spearhead and they both used 5150s. One was bright as hell and very articulate (the rythym guitarist) and the other was mushy as hell. It's all about how the amp is dialed in by the musician.