Stratovarius - Elements p.1 review!

Here are my thoughts on the Stratovarius matter, so forgive me if I sound angry, but here goes:

This is pathetic. And terrible.
To say that you don't want anyone to be a fan unless they are spending money?

Any band that starts caring more about money than their fans or music are goddamn sellouts, plain and simple.

That's right, S-E-L-L-O-U-T-S.
This is Metallica all over again.
Copyrights are to protect an artist's music from being stolen by OTHER ARTISTS and low-down Record Pirates. NOT from fans that love you and your music, and want to see if it's good enough to purchase.

I think alot of people have gotten greedy, selfish, arrogant, and "BIGHEADED" in the music industry.

I would LOVE it if someone loved my music enough to download MY music or album, because they may actually want to BUY it later.

Why?

Because I am a musician and that's why I play music. Because I love it and I love entertainng people and making them happy.
That's why we (musicians) got into playing, and it seems alot of people have lost sight of that. I was a fan of Stratovarius and was thinking of buying their new album, but if money is all they care about, I won't bother.I'm sorry if I have upset anyone but this is how I feel. Period.

What a tragedy that Stratovarius has become more concerned with money than making their fans happy, the ones who spend moneyon T-SHIRTS, POSTERS, and so on.:mad::mad: :mad:

Yeah there was a large backlash for that statement - he may have written it in the heat of the moment, although it certainly doesn't sound like it if he notified the authorities and got the Finnish equivalent of the FBI involved.

I understand the whole thing about intellectual property, but the only thing I don't understand is that in the old days (before mp3's existed) people would borrow albums and make tapes etc. This is nothing new, making copies of albums.

And sure, I don't download anything, and I try to buy wisely, but I can understand people wanting to hear a few MP3's here or there to sample the music before they part with their cash.

Truth be known, these guys are losing their musical appeal anyway. Timmo Tolkki's "HYmn to Life" was deplorable puke. Timmo Kotipelto's "Waiting for the Dawn" was utterly boring to say the least (and I even listed it as the most disappointing album of 2002), and this new Stratovarius album - judging by the MP3's they've offered - sounds like their worst album yet.