Stratovarius

Valkyrie

Jun 9, 2002
Apopka, FL
Has anyone had the opportunity to see Strato live? I am going to be in Stockholm next March when they play (hmmm...coincidence? ;) and plan on catching the show...
:Shedevil:

Despite the fact that I have no constructive answer to your question, I will reply because I know, all to well, the pain of having no one respond to your question. Stratovarius is probably my favorite metal band, and I would absolutely love to see them live. I hear they're great.

I have not had the opportunity to see Stratovarious live. I would love to some day. Bands like this need to start touring in the USA. But you have to realize it was not till 1999 that Hansi decided to release Blind Guardian albums in the USA after getting a US deal with Century Media. He was convinced by John Shaffer of Iced Earth that they would do well, and they did.. very well. Now we are getting the oppurtunity to see them in their first US appearance and it sold out in 6 days. If this is any indication of the future of bands like this in the USA, we should expect to see Stratovarious and others here soon.

Originally posted by progboy216
I have not had the opportunity to see Stratovarious live. I would love to some day. Bands like this need to start touring in the USA. But you have to realize it was not till 1999 that Hansi decided to release Blind Guardian albums in the USA after getting a US deal with Century Media. He was convinced by John Shaffer of Iced Earth that they would do well, and they did.. very well. Now we are getting the oppurtunity to see them in their first US appearance and it sold out in 6 days. If this is any indication of the future of bands like this in the USA, we should expect to see Stratovarious and others here soon.

Not that your thoughts aren't in the right place here, but Hansi had nothing to do with the "decision" to sell their albums here. :lol: That was a CM business decision, plain and simple.

So we're all happy that PP 3.0 sold out in ONE DAY (not 6 ;) ), but power metal just doesn't have much of a following here. Not enough to sustain a long tour I don't believe. Which is a damn shame. Maybe a festival style tour could work though...

This is probably a little off the topic, but does anyone here have the Stratovarius live DVD? If so, how is it?

I hate live DVD's with effects and wretched editing...like a certain DT DVD. When I'm at a live show I typically don't see the band members morphed into swirling shapes, so why should a live DVD be any different.

Ok, so that turned into a rant about something totally off topic.

Originally posted by markgugs

Not that your thoughts aren't in the right place here, but Hansi had nothing to do with the "decision" to sell their albums here. :lol: That was a CM business decision, plain and simple.

So we're all happy that PP 3.0 sold out in ONE DAY (not 6 ;) ), but power metal just doesn't have much of a following here. Not enough to sustain a long tour I don't believe. Which is a damn shame. Maybe a festival style tour could work though...

Wrong dude. Blind Guardian isnt even on Century Media in Europe.

I have the live Strato DVD and I love it. I feel it is a good representation of life on tour with them. They look like they are having a blast....it's really quite funny.