Studio-log

Ok, so now Johnny has left the studio and I have entered.
The first day is behind me and I am very pleased with how it went seeing how some pretty difficult stuff was in this song. I like how it turned out and am already longing for to hear it with guitars on...

Here are a few snippets from the studio and the work done today.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME stuff!
Thanks for the uploads, Andreas. The videos :kickass::kickass:

There's some wicked prog-stuff going on in Johnny's drumming in yesterday's video.

I really like the piano part in the beginning of today's video. Very subtle with a nice bassline over it.
The part from 0:55 - 1:11 is really spectacular. It has epic written all over it - and the guitar's not even there yet.
The part from 1:14 - 2:00 is just sick :worship:.

Good luck again in the next couple of days!!

The drumming sounds really nice and I really liked what it sounds like in Andreas video :) really looking forward to hear the new record. Keep up the good work and i really hope to see you on a stage really soon with some new songs.

Ok, two days of bass done. I'd like to think that it has gone well. Johan stopped by tonight and really liked what he heard -it is pretty cool to actually hear all the layers being added.

So, where am I at? I have laid down two full tracks so far including som pretty tricky stuff in the angel-song and a couple of leads as well which always takes some time.
Today I also started the marathon song so I guess I know what I will be working on for a while....
I think that is going to be pretty cool.

Now I also need to go out and find me a fretless for some wierd stuff in anopther song. I have been in contact with a couple of music shops in Stockholm that may want to lend me bass for this purpose, but we'll see -if it sounds bad we'll do it the old fashioned way.

I am very pleased with both the bass sound and my playing so the only trouble is that there never is enough time -like always...

Well, that's it for now I guess. I'll keep on working throughout the week and I will try to throw out some more vids perhaps this upcoming weekend.

Catchya later!

Looks like there's gonna be a whole lot of wicked bass-stuff going on on the next album. Sound pretty cool, all those different bass-sounds as well.

So, do we have 'the long one' (see page 1) AND 'the marathon song' (how long is that one going to be....) or were you talking about the same song?

Andreas, are you sure you will be able to play that stuff live without getting a cramp or needing skin grafts on your fingertips? :lol: :lol:

Keep it up, it's going to be a monster :worship: :headbang:

:saint:
it's a slippery slope when you start talking about the songs... -it is easy to give too much away.

Anyway, no -I was referring to the same song and I am guessing it will be fairly obvious which one that is when it is all done. :cool:

-Today I have worked some on the two songs I previously finished (the angel-song and the Africa-song) as Johan forced me to brush up on a few details that weren't really 100%. I also kept on working on the "great one" (Ha! another name for ya! :heh:) which is slowly progressing. I hope to be able to get back to the studio later tonight to back at it again....

And, naaah! No problem! ;-)
I have been practising a lot so I think I've got most of it covered actually. I am thrilled about the bass on this album, I think it's gonna rock!

I'm confident of your confidence :) We all know how great this album will be based on the progression of the last 3 albums!

Good luck!

Hey Andreas,

It is always fun to know the things that we, the fans, not know.
Good luck in the studio. As Cello said: take the time to create the ultimate album.
I listen to your previouss albums a lot and I really look forward for another masterpiece!!

heiiiii sorry for being absent for so long, it's unbelievable how Andreas can manage among myspace, facebook, new princess, studio recording, forum, video posting, etc etc etc
thanks to find out the time to keep us so well informed! That get us more anxious and excited in the same time. Andreas you looks a fu@@in italian playing in the studio:
You'd have a toothpick in your mouth, and if only your white t-shirt had a tomato salse spot on it ;-)...
I am a 1000% women lover but I always completely fall in love while johnny is destroying the skins ihihih
Just missing the axeman show and another couple of Kyrt "mmm" and the second masterpiece (after MF) will be definitively ready.
Missing you guys! we' re going to prepare the fields for your second italian conquer campaign and luggages for Atlanta!! yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaa

Hiya!

I'm back after a gruesome weekend with too many tricky parts :loco:
Thank God most of them are behind me.

The plan is now to wrap up the long one tomorrow before lunch and then work with Kyrt on the remaining songs.
Kyrt is doing a good job working through the keyboards (and apparently too busy to write about it here *hint, hint*) and Johnny is dealing with different mix options since he has done his parts already.

The plan is to bring in the axeman towards the end of this week and as soon as the first track with guitars is done (meaning all the instruments are there) Mr.Karevik will be entering the studio to do his magic.

Here is new short little clip with some more bass stuff- I am sure I am booooring you to death with all these bass clips, but consider tem a teaser to weaten the appetite for the guitars/vocals!

Cheers! :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new stuff sounds great! :kickass:
Hiya!
I am sure I am booooring you to death with all these bass clips, but consider tem a teaser to weaten the appetite for the guitars/vocals!
Couldn't be further from the truth :p, the bass clips are amazing.

Oh my goodness, it just keeps getting better and better.

The three parts in today's video are just incredible - the combination in the last couple of vids of 'just' piano/keyboards, drums and bass never got me so flabbergasted.
Unbelievable stuff indeed!