SW´s new drummer! Here he is:

Stefan, I like the fact that you have experience stemming back from the 80s style of drumming, but that over time you've developed more of a groove style. I do have one question, when you say groove, are you referring more to the melodic death metal or that of the mid 90s that more reflects Pantera? Not that there's a huge difference, but I've always felt MD had more of an 80s meets groove feel drumming wise.

Anyways, congrats on becoming a new member of SW. I'm definitely excited because it means there won't be a long distance between albums (hopefully, heh), and that you guys can get back to live shows........and perhaps hit Maryland, USA as part of that tour :p

Hi

That´s an easy one: definately way more Pantera style groove than melodic death.. That being said, I´ve always preferred death metal in the musical parts where the tempo slows down, that usually brings the song to a new level IMO.. Grinding or blast beating is not really my cup of tea although I get impressed by those that do it well like say, Derek Roddy.

To drop a few more names, the drummers that have influenced me the most and are part of my playing style today are: John Tempesta, Vinnie Paul, Morgan Rose, Jeff Porcaro and Mike Portnoy!

Later!
/Stefan

To drop a few more names, the drummers that have influenced me the most and are part of my playing style today are: John Tempesta, Vinnie Paul, Morgan Rose, Jeff Porcaro and Mike Portnoy!
Later!
/Stefan

Tempesta rocks!! Sicket driv!!

The only one I am not familar with is Morgan Rose, but the rest of the list is pretty great

Morgan is the drummer of Sevendust, an awesome band from Atlanta. Their album "Animosity" is one of my all time favourites..

Luke1304, right in the back is Andreas B.'s replacement for the 2011-shows, Johan Larsson.

Thanx, korruption!!

It´s been one heck of a welcome from the band, the fans on here and tons of people on FB etc... Very exciting!!

Johan is a great guy indeed.. Taking on Mr. Bassman´s parts is no small feat but he´s doing a tremendous job so far!!

Muchas grazias, Prog!

Not to worry Silvio.. Hehe. I´m a pretty aggressive player, but I know when to be insane, when to be mellow and when to groove.. BTW, 7Dust is not thrash in any way:)

Hi

Later!
/Stefan

Testaments latest live DVD with John Tempesta is awesome. He plays most of the set then they bring out their original drummer. Tempesta owns the original drummer. He made the music better. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Hey Fizodan!

Yeah you mean the live in London one, right? Bought it the second it came out:) I guess they brought out Louie Clemente purely for nostalgic reasons on that one.. not much of a drummer but a lot of fun for the fans!

Muchas grazias, Prog!

Not to worry Silvio.. Hehe. I´m a pretty aggressive player, but I know when to be insane, when to be mellow and when to groove.. BTW, 7Dust is not thrash in any way:)

haha, sure... if SW picked you... what i tried to say is that I dont like thrash and i´d be a bit dissapointed if SW go for that side, I like more their hard aor side, you know.

anyway, congrats man!

All the best!

Silvio G.

Congrats to you guys for finding someone to fill those big shoes. ANd congrats to Stephan for getting the job! I have no doubt that you will do a great job!

I was wondering what you guys were going to do while Andreas is in LA working. Now those are some really shoes to fill! I play guitar and that boy scared me!! :lol: