SW´s new drummer! Here he is:

Stefan, thank you for taking the time to explain the "groove" element of your drumming technique. I personally feel drums are a significant part of what differentiates styles of metal, especially when it comes to sub genres (not to get to technical, but to me for instance, power progressive uses less fills and more double bass whereas progressive traditional "seems" to use more fills and is more comfortable with double drumming in waves. Now days the lines are more blurred and I find myself sometimes just calling it melodic metal rather then getting down to the nitty gritty, hehe)

Stefan, thank you for taking the time to explain the "groove" element of your drumming technique. I personally feel drums are a significant part of what differentiates styles of metal, especially when it comes to sub genres (not to get to technical, but to me for instance, power progressive uses less fills and more double bass whereas progressive traditional "seems" to use more fills and is more comfortable with double drumming in waves. Now days the lines are more blurred and I find myself sometimes just calling it melodic metal rather then getting down to the nitty gritty, hehe)

No probs, buddy! I´m a die hard drum geek and when it comes to techniques, drummers or gear/manufacturers I could go on and on and on... so don´t get me started!:p

Stop me if I've missed anything, but Stefan, do you have and videos of yourself playing the drum parts of a SW song? I'd love to see those :Spin:

Uhh, terribly late, but welcomes from here too, Stefan.
Anticipation for some new material is killing me. :p

Uhh, terribly late, but welcomes from here too, Stefan.
Anticipation for some new material is killing me. :p

Thank you! I´m dying to start writing new stuff with the guys too, but obviously the priority right now is getting the already existing material to sound killer live! You´ll need some patience..

Marshmallow, no such videos are available, sorry. The reason being that it´d feel a little lame for me to post drum cover vids of SW songs when I´m already in the band, as that to me is more of a fan/tribute thing.. perhaps we´ll post some exclusive rehersal footage soon though.. who knows... (although I should probably discuss this with the rest of the SW boys before even suggesting it... oops;)) There are a bunch of videos of me playing various shows with Lion´s Share on the tube though..

Thank you! I´m dying to start writing new stuff with the guys too, but obviously the priority right now is getting the already existing material to sound killer live! You´ll need some patience...

Indeed! It's been only 5 months since 'The Great Escape' was released.
A proper tour supporting that release is in my opinion way more important than already writing and recording new stuff.
Of course, it's fantastic if the guys have great ideas (or even whole songs), but write them down, keep them in the closet and start rehearsels when Andreas is back in Stockholm.
Stefan completed the band and now it's time to play live again - preferably as much as possible!

YAY! Congrats Stefan and SW, I'm very happy with these news!

Would be nice to see some drum videos of you playing SW or anything else 8)

OK.. by popular demand, a drum video. Me with Lion´s Share opening for Manowar in Germany:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fantastic news! Congrats to both the band and to Stefan! Can't wait to hear you guys live next time! Too bad there was no SRF this year. That would have made me keep my 4-day ticket, now I will try to get it refund...

I know I'm way late (although I did just join the forum), but congratulations! This is exciting news and I'm looking forward to the future for Seventh Wonder!

Thanks guys!! I am too very excited to soon share a stage with these guys! Rehersals are going great BTW.. The songs we have been working on so far are starting to sound awesome, can´t wait to share it with you guys!

/Stefan

Hey Stefan, I am looking forward to hear you with SW. You have some pretty big shoes to fill. Saw your YT video there with the other band, and you had a really great rythm going there. ;)
But what would interest me is how it sounds when you're playing some of the current SW arrangements.

Thats a whole different ballgame than what you did in that Lionshare band (if I remember the band name correct). Technical wise I mean. ;)

Real cool to see people still joining this thread to make me feel welcome!! I appreciate it more than you know!

Wolfseye, thanks for reminding me, haha! Yeah it´s more technical but I think I´m on it!! With all the comments I´ve had I guess I´ll have to post a video of myself doing the solo drum track of an SW song or two though.. hehe. To prove myself worthy of filling Johnny´s mighty shoes, I mean.. Spoke to him recently on the phone BTW and he gave me his blessing to "carry the torch" for him, which felt awesome! He´s a truly great guy..

Sndtrk2life, that would be awesome.. hopefully it will happen in the not so distant future. Thanks!

Islandstone: only show scheduled now is the headline gig at Progpower Europe in September, but now that SW is up and running again we´ll be able to start accepting gig requests.. Lots of interesting future events are being planned as we speak.. You guys will hear it first of course... Our nearby fans can expect one or two warm up gigs in the Stockholm area as PPE draws near too.. More to come..