studio notes of bands?

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Is there a website that's basically just the big name producers procedures of how they record/mix/edit a band in the studio, I was just trying to find some notes for The offsprings album 'Smash' (dont hate me :D )
and if there was a website like that it would be FOOKIN BRILLO!

Only ones I remember floating around was for Metallica's Black album I believe, maybe it was AJFA? But would be cool to see other notes, as well as find those 'tallica notes again haha.

Is there a website that's basically just the big name producers procedures of how they record/mix/edit a band in the studio, I was just trying to find some notes for The offsprings album 'Smash' (dont hate me :D )
and if there was a website like that it would be FOOKIN BRILLO!

Smash? Really? I never thought that album sounded too great.

Splinter on the other hand, wow. Great bass, great guitars, AMAZING drums! Love it.

splinter does have great guitars :D
but theres something about smash thats good, i dont know what it is , it just feels like it's hugging you :)

edit: maybe if we can't get them from big name people , at least some regualrs could post there, pics/notes of what they did up?

Recently they´ve remastered the first few albums (including Smash) and they sound much better now.

Smash? Really? I never thought that album sounded too great.

Splinter on the other hand, wow. Great bass, great guitars, AMAZING drums! Love it.

Damn, Splinter is my favourite too! The production is awesome and the songs kickass. The Offspring has always been my go-to band to listen while playing drinkin games with my friends. It really heat things up.

Wisheraser niiiiice :D
I tried ye olde G , musta just not looked hard enough. I had quick look through those and to me the only ones useful (and legible) were probably the drum notes but it still pretty good!

Recently they´ve remastered the first few albums (including Smash) and they sound much better now.

I'll agree that the remaster of smash is much better eq-wise, but there's sooooooo much clipping going on t the point that it's unlistenable to me. Never bothered picking up the Ignition remaster for fear that it would be clipped to death aswell.

mehh , typed in remastered offspring into youtube, didn't really find anything however did find a live video of there first cd (self titled) and one of the best songs on it (apart from tehran)

Those were the days ey

Last edited by a moderator: