Stupid Question Engl/Mesa

Jun 12, 2012
Hi :)

i know this is a really stupid question but im looking to buy an amp because i have to play guitar in my band now (before i was just the singer). On the recordings i used Plugins. But when i have to buy an amp i want to record with that to. When i look what amps bands use i like (Nightwish, Rammstein and so on - this sound where synths also have a place - but i think thats a eq issue) - mostly there is the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier but there are two problems. First it is really too expensive - the second one - DONT HATE ME I KNOW ITS STUPID :D - I really want to have an ENGL on stage just because i really FUCKIN FUCKIN FUCKIN like the design , name and everything :) (i think nobody will understand this :D)

SO - is there a ENGL out there with similar (not the same but 80-90%) sound than the dual rectifier?

PS: and yes - if i want the sound of a mesa i have to buy one - i know - but i want a ENGL gg - (AND like i said the mesa is to expensive) !!! :D

Buy Recto, buy Engl name plate off of eBay or similar, put Engl plate on Mesa amp? :lol:

Even in europe you're able to find a "cheap" mesa rectifier. I sold mine for 1150€. But when you really want an ENGL Amp I recommend to buy the Savage120. It's a bit more rougher and less compressing than the other ENGL amps. I've bought an old savage120 for 1200€ 4 years ago.

But if you're really looking for the "real" rectifier sound you have to buy one ;)

Buy the recto. Learn to like the looks they are great amps and used they can be had at decent prices.

Would you buy a house if it looked good on the outside but the inside was in shambles, your neighbors were assholes, and their dogs shit on your lawn?

=P