Stupid/quick reaper question

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey dudes. I'm installing reaper here at machine shop.. I've got it working with my specific workflow, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out:

Every time I add a new track, my colored tracks are automatically set to the default color.. Pretty annoying when I'm constantly adding/reducing tracks etc.

tracks that were previously colored are reverting to default? never seen that.

It wouldn't happen to be a custom action you're using to add tracks is it? does it happen when you doubleclick on an empty TCP space?

tracks that were previously colored are reverting to default? never seen that.

It wouldn't happen to be a custom action you're using to add tracks is it? does it happen when you doubleclick on an empty TCP space?

yes, unfortunately whever I hit Shift+T, like I usually do, that's when it recolors all of the tracks. :/

yes, unfortunately whever I hit Shift+T, like I usually do, that's when it recolors all of the tracks. :/

I never use shift-T to make a new track. open up the action list and find the action assigned to shift-T. From the sounds of it you have it assigned to "Custom: PT New Track" which includes a recoloring action.

I use cmd-shift-N to make a new track.

Shift-T is next take for me.

Yeah just switch that shortcut to the regular "new track" action, whatever it's called. Sounds like you're using an outdated version of my customizations, still haven't gotten around to posting what I use now but most of those sorts of ugly hacks are gone.

Yeah just switch that shortcut to the regular "new track" action, whatever it's called. Sounds like you're using an outdated version of my customizations, still haven't gotten around to posting what I use now but most of those sorts of ugly hacks are gone.

When do you think that's coming? I'm using v4 mixed with some of your v3 customizations... I'd like to change it to what you're using now.