STYE's sound to lean more towards Clayman than R2R.

I must say according to the new merch and the new studio pictures I expect a lot of clean singing. I mean for one coming out with a shirt for kids like age 7-8 what the fuck is that? And two if you look at Anders on the new pics he has a lot of straight forward clean looking vocals. But I hope that it is good.

If you've seen his work with Passenger, you know that he can make a badass clean voice. No doubt he'll probably incorporate some Passenger-like vocals into STYE, and that's not bad at all (if you're not worried about being a tr00 metalhead used to only screaming/growling). Another thing Bastrd, why do you say the production is terrible? The production was superior to any other In Flames album. RTR's songs had the cleanest guitar distortion I've ever heard from them yet and the drums sound was wicked good. Why would you complain about the production when clearly other albums have been worse? And also there's not a RULE that SAYS 'ANDER's VOICE SUCKS' is there? I haven't seen it. U seen it? nah sure u haven't. that's because the music is open to OPINION. you may not like the style, but that doesn't mean it automatically sucks.

About the shirt, I've seen kids as young as like 6 at Ozzfest before... it's scary and weird, but it happens. more & more young pplz are getting into metal.

Tanith said:
Wait and hope. Whoracle standard In Flames today would kick ass. I was too young to like em back when they were in their prime =/

Then I could go to one of their live shows without feeling ashamed XD
I'm younger than you and I first heard them in the Whoracle era :)

I'm interested that someone said it's more like Clayman, but it's a magazine I've never heard of and it could be someone with no idea what they're talking about, like many people.

NocturnalSun said:
The production was superior to any other In Flames album.
the fact that you said this negates any other argument you had. Seriously man, get your ears checked. Ever heard an album called Clayman and a recording studio called Studio Fredman? R2R had horribly buried leads, flat kick drums, and way to much bass than needed. Clayman is In Flames high water mark when it comes to production without a doubt.

You don't think it's great? Check out Dawn of A New Day and Cloud Connected. I'm sure they had in mind while recording it they didn't want the drums to be at the front of the sound as with previous albums. They wanted to go for a more airy type of sound on the drums to make them sound different than other albums, but still good. They may have changed up quite a bit on their sound as they now don't use Studio Fredman anymore, but their sound isn't cheapened any imo. If they recorded every album with the exact same sound as what they did on Clayman, you have to admit that as badass it would sound for a time, like all good things it would get annoying when in abundance like that. That's the whole point in bands changing around their setup.

Plus, you can't really compare the 2 albums RtR and Clayman on production quality because they were in 2 seperate studios with different feels, producting different sounds. The production I would think was the same, but the SOUND was different. Is that what you were referring to instead of production?

Clayman is by far In Flames most well produced album. R2R was a reaction to that. They wanted harsher more dirty sound. Actually on some spots it´s actually cool. There are some good bassounds on the album more dirty with some distortion, really diffrent from the round clead bassound off Clayman.

Sometimes I think the diffrent drum, guitar and bassound was what the album needen but on other occations It takes away from the quality of the song.

@Nocturnal Sun, you make a very great point about younger kids getting into metal, I know I started around 13 I would, however, think that age 6 is more of a parent buying the shirt but don't ask me. Also yes Anders has a great clean voice, songs like Metaphor are some of my favorites of RTR but I can honestly say when I think of In Flames and when I think of Anders I think of a nice superior and original growl type scream. Now maybe they wanna change from this, which it sounds like they do, but I'm just saying it seems like this one will have, like you said, a lot of Passenger roots to it.

SunlapseVertigo said:
but of course the albums gonna suck, because there are some crappy song titles
They've always had crappy song titles.

I think it should be a pretty solid album... My friend saw a Nevermore show awhile back and talked to Warrel, who has heard the new album... He said it was very good.

Guys, I come from a long way in the future... and I gotta tell ya... this thread title is wrong on so many levels :D