Suggested albums

Rapiscrap

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2008
I've been a metal fan for a couple years now, but mainly i just focused on Iron Maiden and then Metallica. Then I was listening to the Metal Channel and heard Twilight of the Thunder Gods. I was like, o *&(* this song is good. Plus, it was new. I had always (mistakenly) thought that metal(and rock in general) had taken a path to the dump. Now, I've learned even more great metal bands like Helstar(can't get enough of them) Slayer, and more death metal.

Any bands/ albums suggestions? For example, good death metal bands and great new albums coming out or already out that I should get.
Man, theres a whole world of Metal that i need to learn. Thanks.:headbang:

we will start with two examples of tr00ness.

Rage (you like at least one album from this band if you like heavy metal)

Crimson Glory (since you mentioned Helstar..this is a band you would like)

and then two examples of power and/or 'prog' as you are likely not too familiar yet:

Labyrinth

Pagan's Mind

everyone else will be happy to flood you with large selections of thrash and death metal to fill that spot.

What other stuff do you like, so we can get an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prog-Zero Hour, Circus Maximus, Communic, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Anubis Gate, Andromeda, Shadow Gallery, Pagans Mind

Power-Edguy, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Serenity.

Folk-Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Alestorm, Tyr

Death/Melodeath-Death, Cynic, Morbid Angel, Dark Tranquillity, Into Eternity, In Flames (older albums, like The Jester race) At The Gates, Scar Symmetry

There are some of my favorite bands, from my favorite genres.