Suggestions for buying a 7-string guitar and other equipment

lmao. please don't condescend upon me by asking me if I know there are different string gauges. i will kindly ask you to quit giving me "advice", which is a good thing for you, since you can now work on your guitar skills. Just because I used some simple, descriptive vocabulary doesn't mean i'm ignorant. I was just trying to give a general layman's terms description so that more people can understand. I WAS being humble, but honestly, even with my lack of knowledge on equipment and gear, I am a very good progressive metal guitar player and I have made several of my own tracks. And no, they're not wannabe or noobish. well, at least thanks for the latter part of your post. i'll keep those in mind

I apologize that you are reading into that so far and being so dramatic:rolleyes:. Your ability was never in question until you brought it up, just now. You clearly (and by your own admission) have practically no knowledge of gear, so based on your description of "soft" vs. "firm" combined with your ignorance of gear and use of cheap, low-end gear, I just offered one of the more logical and obvious explanations. Another possibilty is neck relief. If I had wanted to be condescending then believe me, you gave me more than enough to work with in order to do so without even factoring in your "soft vs. firm" description, which I didn't see anything wrong with in the first place, actually. You are very welcome for taking the time to give you advice and good luck with your search. Now, if I may, I suggest maybe next time you google some of this information first, thus avoiding the threat of taking personal offense to solicited advice. :)

i don't think you can find a 500 bucks 7 string that plays great

i just got the dunlop Zakk Wylde wah, it's so awesome

You can def. find one man.. you just gotta look real hard!!!! A couple months back a LOCAL guitar place that doesn't even sell Ibanez guitars had a used Ibanez 7-string year 99 made in japan that RIPPED!!! Dimarzio pickups, mirror pickguard.. they were only selling it for $400. :headbang:

There is a HUGE market of used instruments and theres deals all around. I've found that Ibanez guitars are the cheapest for great quality guitars, and a lot of that has to do with people not knowing how to setup the trem, and people not wanting to take it to a "guitar tech" who will just level your trem floating level for $150. :lol:

HAH!! You're wrong. I bought my 7 string Ibanez used from Guitar Center for $300, and it plays amazing. For $300, it had a vintage version of the Ibanez tremolo (which feels better than the new one imo), a kill switch (that's not grounded properly :p) and it already had Dimarzio pickups in it (which I switched out for better Dimarzios; X2N7 and PAF 7).

Point is my 7 is awesome and only cost me 300.

Agile has great 7 strings for a cheap price

the 400 dollars ibanez 7 string is realllyyyy good as well i forget the model name

I'm use a modded Ibanez 1527 and I'll probably get one of those badass flamed 7 string RG customs from Japan. My backup axe, however, is an Agile an it rocks. The build quality is not as good as an Ibanez but for half the price ($500 for mine), you get blue transparent finish, ebony board, active emgs, 7 strings, neck thru. Insane feature set for such a budget guitar!

agile8.jpg

Disclaimer: Thats not my pic, but I have the same one with emg's.

Fuck shred. Get an Orange half stack, a Big Muff and a pair of shades.

But on a more serious note, I picked up this guitar for 900$USD a few years back. Schecter Loomis model, solid buy.

Loomis001.jpg

Yeah, not saying you should buy it, but just to solidify the statement that 'Schecter guitars are sweet'.