Suggestions for new promising bands?

I

Ivo

Hey guys, do you have any suggestions for new and promising bands to download...

try Sigur Ros. if you're interested, download the songs "bium bium bambalo" and "danarfregnir og jardarfarir." they've got a part of this melodic quality that Anathema has, plus a very original, ethereal guitar style.

This is a pretty vague subject, but I suggest Dredg (kind of a harder Radiohead kind of sound). Spiral Architect (incredible bass playing...), and Gordian Knot (amazing instrumental band fronted by Sean Malone, a former Cynic member). I would check those out if you have not already...

Ok, thank you guys!!
I really will check out those bands, hopefully I'll find the links...
Btw, I have a suggestion for a german band called De/vision... they have a great unpugged live available and I'm sure that most fans of Anathema will appreciate it... cos it has the same melodic & melancholic mood...
Some songs to recommend "Lonely Day", "Heart Shaped Tumour",
"Self Deception"...

Ja das ist meine band (Darkflight) und wir warten jetzt auf album...

Originally posted by D Mullholand
try Sigur Ros. if you're interested, download the songs "bium bium bambalo" and "danarfregnir og jardarfarir." they've got a part of this melodic quality that Anathema has, plus a very original, ethereal guitar style.

I've got their debut album... I can't say I was too impressed really...

Originally posted by Russell
I've got their debut album... I can't say I was too impressed really...
i haven't heard the debut. i have the "Agaetis Byrjun" record and the soundtrack to "Englar Alheimsins" which is where these two songs come from. and they are amazing. if you like "Barriers" or "2000 & Gone" then you should try this band out.

but i wasn't too impressed with Aereogramme... they have interesting parts, but also some gaak-pop moments which i'm not sure about.

Originally posted by TheLedTool
This is a pretty vague subject, but I suggest Dredg (kind of a harder Radiohead kind of sound). Spiral Architect (incredible bass playing...), and Gordian Knot (amazing instrumental band fronted by Sean Malone, a former Cynic member). I would check those out if you have not already...

spiral rchitect is new and promising?????????? hell, they are one of the best prog bands in the world now...

well my recommendtion would be VIRGIN BLACK...amazing gothic/symphonic metal. first try this song:
"museum of iscariot: I.stagnation / II. death/ III. procession"

-this is all one ingle song, mind you-

...the most gothic song ive ever heard in my life...

but i wasn't too impressed with Aereogramme... they have interesting parts, but also some gaak-pop moments which i'm not sure about. [/B][/QUOTE]

bollocks!:lol: :mad:

Originally posted by Russell
Everyone in the world should download Reamon - Supergirl... go on, you know it makes sense (the album is impossible to buy unles you're in germany or a few other smaller european countries)

Sorry.. I heard this song so many times that it makes me puke :eek:(.. Ok, I didn't even like it at the begining *g* ;)
Weren't they HIMs opening act during the Germany tour last year?

Originally posted by pagan2002
bollocks!:lol: :mad:
woop. i've heard "Zionist Timing" and "Motion." it's the type of poppy music at the beginning of "Zionist Timing" that i didn't really like. but if you'll say that they don't play that kind of stuff on their other songs, then i will reconsider. maybe i downloaded the worst song? :confused: