Suggestions for facing the lonely winter nights?

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
Ok, I'm in the mood for some really bittersweet stuff that's makes you cry your heart out, I'm sure you know. Nothing heavy or depressing in the really depressing way, but sorta beautiful, sad music. I'm sure you guys have good suggestions for moments when you feel you wanna keep the world outside right there - outside - and lock yourself away from all that shit and just sit by yourself.

Keep 'em coming, there's a huge demand for that stuff.

[edit]

Throw in movie suggestions also, if you feel like it.

hmm..this should be kinda easy, but i can't get a thing into my mind.. eh, for some kinda start..

(songs)
sentridoh - on the face
jethro tull - rocks on the road / heavy horses
kingston wall - two of a kind
antimatter - suicide veil
anathema - better of dead / regret / eternity (album) + others you know..
verenpisara - aamunodottaja
ozzy - just one kiss (is that the title?)
katatonia - day / o how i enjoy the light / deadhouse / black session
uriah heep - lady in black
songs: ohia - cross the road, molina / ring the bell (have i ever mentioned these..?)
16 horsepower - hutterite mile
doors - riders on the storm
edge of sanity - when all is said
cmx - ruoste (ym..)
neil young - dead man (soundtrack) ..though I prefer watch the movie, its mood's something so.. ah, you should watch it..!!

are you sad, mate..:confused: or is there a cold dark winter just comin.. take care! :)

jeff buckley's great! you should get 'sketches for my sweetheart the drunk', it's collection made after Jeff's death by his band and his mother. a double cd, including all you need..

I'll give you some films.....

Wonderland (by Michael Winterbottom, UK film)
The Virgin Suicides
American Beauty

Shit... I'm stuck. Sorry...... I'll post some more when my mind starts working.

Thanks for everybodys suggestions so far. I think I'll go home via recordstore for gettin perhaps that Jeff Buckley, get drunk, smoke too much and enjoy. Eh?

@sol
and for the movies, the last two you mentioned are excellent. I ain't sure what I'm lookin for exactly (atleast the hollywood ones), but I've recently seen one korean and one chinese movie that were excellent on the bittersweet-part...

Viikate - Vuoden synkin juhla. And especially track Talvi se viimein. I kept listening that on repeat when the first snow came

And naturally you should get drunk :D

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
Both. Just livin through some complicated times.. ah well. We have a gig tomorrow (again!) at Factory, that ought to cheer me up.

tomorrow? do you know what time that'll be..(little late last time, i was..but that's cos of my work, which i'm not having anymore..so now i have all the time time time..and time.)
hey, me bro's comin here today, (you know the ND gig..:rolleyes: ) maybe we'll come tomorrow to buck you up, a little..?! we start to drink tonight, soon, so after 24 hours i think we should be kinda nice company..eh?! :D
no, i'd really like to hear you guys playing..!

hang on, mate!:)

The 3rd and the Mortal- Tears laid in earth
the whole album, especially: Why so lonely? (that's fitting, eh?), Autopoema and Death- Hymn.

More coming to my mind, but no time left

Cheers and best wishes