Suggestions for facing the lonely winter nights?

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
:) We'll play last (there's two bands) 'cause the drummer of the first band wants go see Hellacopters, so I guess we'll be startin around 23:00 maybe? Maybe earlier.. Anyways it'd be nice if you make it, tho I'm kinda suspicious how it will go. I've had some problems with my voice lately and I guess smokin doesn't help much :rolleyes: And I ain't exactly in the mood for performin but whatever (do I sound like a wannabe-artist now? :err: )

oh.. you're so modest..! ;)

Oh, and thanks to you and the others who suggested Buckley. I picked up Sketches yesterday and haven't listened to anything else since. Goosebumps.

hey great you liked it! (katatonia's version of 'nightmares by the sea' it's better, though!) :D

Originally posted by Eos
The winter is wrong. It´s raining cats and dogs all day long, getting dark at 5pm, it´s cold, the wind is blowing, everything that was green died allready and it´s getting worser and worser with every day!!!:( I HATE THIS!!! :mad:
Any questions?

The winter is wrong? Ahh no, this thought is wrong, I guess.
I think everything is flavoured with something nice and something hard. Plus, winter is a great inspiration for most people. Do you really think all those 'musicians' you like wrote their songs with an inspiration while lying on the beach or something? :lol:

Originally posted by ashure
I think everything is flavoured with something nice and something hard. Plus, winter is a great inspiration for most people. Do you really think all those 'musicians' you like wrote their songs with an inspiration while lying on the beach or something? :lol:

I could see myself lying on the beach all day long and occasionally writing some lyrics in between pina coladas :lol:

Originally posted by ashure

Nope of course not. But still I hate winter. The only thing which you could call "nice" about it is when you're at home (in the warm place!!) and watch out the window when it's snowing. But I sometimes ask myself where all those farytales about snow come from.. Probably Lapland cause last year here in Switzerland we had snow for maybe one week. It's always fucking cold and it's more or less raining all the time. I'm even freezing at home where it's supposed to be warm (try to sleep when you're freezing...). And at the university they are probably trying to save some money and so don't heat as much as thay should.. Ya see.. Freezing 5 months a year.. great :mad:

Originally posted by speakinstone

hey great you liked it! (katatonia's version of 'nightmares by the sea' it's better, though!) :D

Well at the moment I prefer Buckleys original, since I never was a big fan of Katatonias cover, always thought it was the weakpoint of the record... This version I can listen to over and over again.

Originally posted by Eos
And at the university they are probably trying to save some money and so don't heat as much as thay should.. Ya see.. Freezing 5 months a year.. great :mad:

You should've been here at my work place last years winter. I ate my lunch with a cap (what's 'pipo' in english??) on my head and mittens on my hands. One good thing about winter is that christmas wouldn't feel the same if it was just bright and shiny all day..

You should've been here at my work place last years winter. I ate my lunch with a cap (what's 'pipo' in english??) on my head and mittens on my hands.

:s There was a storm through middle Europe few years ago (remember Lothar..). We were without electricity for 48 hours and without warm water (that means also without the heating) for 24 hours :cry:

One good thing about winter is that christmas wouldn't feel the same if it was just bright and shiny all day..

Sure, it would be strange... The lights wouldn't shine that bright anymore *gg*

You have lapin kulta in your fridge? :D You're hardcore! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was about three years ago when they got Lapin Kulta in the english pub here in Bern :) Few months later they started to sell it in one of the two biggest store chains (is that the right word :confused: ?) in Switzerland *yuhuii* :D :D

Winter is OK. Summer sometimes pisses me off cause it can get extremly hot down here. Hope it snows soon.... I'd like that.

Originally posted by speakinstone
yeh..guess which's playing round and again into my head right now..and it won't very easily go away, that theme.
btw, i downloaded the trailer of 'two towers', from the official moviesite.. it was playing backrounds last night, and i wondered where the hell that theme from 'requiem for a dream' is comin..? and yes, there's exactly the same song playing in that tt's trailer..so whatta hell???

http://www.lordoftherings.net/two_towers/trailer/tt_trailer1.html

:confused:

I recognized that too and i think it sounds well. Don't think it will be on the upcoming soundtrack though.
Btw wasn't it Shore composing the soundtrack for Requiem for a dream?

I actually read about that RfaD-score used in TT-trailer but forgot what was the deal... And I even haven't seen the damn trailer yet 'cause I can't install quicktime in this computer, phuk! :mad:

@morpheus

no, the soundtrack for Requiem was composed by Clint Mansell from Pop will eat itself, who composed also the score for Pi (Aronofskys debut movie, excellent stuff!)

Originally posted by somnium_in_tenebris
well,Don;) i especially agree on the ones above
but i'll have to add some stuff...

*the bends/ok computer-Radiohead
*Discography-Tindersticks :worship:
*The boatman's call-Nick Cave
*discography-jeff buckley
discography-katatonia
*how to measure a planet?-the gathering
estranged-Guns n' roses
with or without you-U2
the way-amorphis
The moonlight sonata
Adagio in D-minor-Albinoni
*the colour of love-Celine Dion
this used to be my playgroung/take a bow-Madonna
*pieces of you-Jewel
*spirit-Jewel
etc etc

well, those were among my CDs, somnium. :) great taste you have there. :D ;)

i have to admit madonna has a few good tracks on that album -dont remember the name- like "take a bow," "you'll see" or something like that. used to love those when i was young :p

there's nothing like summer at all. no school, no boots, no sweaters, no wool, no socks, no umbrellas, no cold, etc.

just a t-shirt, a pair of shorts, my leather shoes and sunglasses. what could be better?

and i just realized...actually, the only thing i dont like about winter is school. i wouldnt mind all the things i mentioned if i didnt have to go to school. and engineering is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult. dammit. :(