The Nordic winter and the depression

Patric said:
I'm such a fucking extremist. I'm only comfortable with scorching fucking summer heat OR a goddamn snowy ice-age.

Hmm- Austria would be your place then: up to +40 in summer and down to -20 with skullsplitting winds at 120 km/h in winter....extreme enough for you :) ?

Righto, Vintersägen you ask of the winters effect on people and they tell you they have lived through it all. Mr.V does live...well, quite far up north, he does experience the winters here.

However...Sweden does have rough winters, but only, I mean ONLY in the north. You can only find these FREEZING temperatures and this neverending darkness in teh north, because the southern swedes have all this warmth, sun and not a lot of snow really. Anything in sweden below the city "Härnösand" I do not consider have a rough winter.

I live further up than Mr.V, and the winters are in fact depressing to some. The darkness is everywhere, but it is also the charm of the north. However the charm doesn't seem to be liked by many since there's EXTREMLY few people living in the north compared to the south.

Now, there is one slight detail I want to point out: The south of sweden sucks, the southern swedes are weak and I see them as wannabe-swedes. The true swedes dare to come to the north and live through the rough winters. Although now most of them seek homes in big cities where they'll be warm and comfy...weaklings I say! I despise the southern swedes for their cocky attitude, but they having nothing to show for...it's disgusting. They southern ones cant ski, cant put bait on a hook, cant fish, cant hunt, cant disect hunted food so that they can eat it...they claim to be REAL swedes, but they are NOT...they are these city-life scumbags who know NOTHING of nature...NOTHING...and their fucking companies come here to the north, cut down out most ancient forests and leave nothing...not even money, god damn bastards.

If any southern swede here wants to defend him/herself dont bother...you have nothing to show for. I LIVE in the bush, I've seen nature and I love it more than any other material thing, but nature is NOT material now is it? I promise, if you'd come take a walk with me up the mountain here...during the winter or the summer...you'd notice there's something else behind this mask of untamed souls of nature...

If southern swedes want to become swedes, move up here and I'll teach ya some real stuff! The some simple things, but yet so VERY importnat ones! The raging spirit of the northern winter gives me strength Vintersägen! It's a power not to be taken easily...nor spoken about if you have not yet stared into it's eyes!

I'd like to know the position of the swedes who respond to this as well...just for the fun of it. if your below Härnesand...dont bother. I myself am from Abraur!

Best NORTHERN SWEDISH regards!

Nordabrand aka Christopher A.

PS. Nordabrand means Northernfire if anyone is curious...DS.

I like wearing my shorts... :p Haven't had to deal with winter since mid-January...

cddisc.gif
Megadeth -- Youthanasia -- Train of Consequences
/* random quote */
May the raven guard upon thee in this exalted night.

I can't believe there are still ppl who think they can judge someone elses' personalities by their origin :rolleyes:
I don't question there are differences in thinking and views on things...........but to divide people into weak and "real" people is just utter crap.

I am merely upset by this because of their attitude, they way they storm into the northern part of the country, clean it out on all it's values and then run back home to the south...

And since they claim to be so fucking badassed, why are they fleeing the north? Hmm? Pathetic...since they do that they have NO right to tell people or lecture them on the winters of sweden or the TRUE nature life! Because there is NO nature life in the south....but hey, I suppose you'd know better eh? Living somewhere else...

And yeah, I have snow about 9 months a year...so your welcome to come visit me Liandrin :p

Nordabrand said:
Righto, Vintersägen you ask of the winters effect on people and they tell you they have lived through it all. Mr.V does live...well, quite far up north, he does experience the winters here.

However...Sweden does have rough winters, but only, I mean ONLY in the north. You can only find these FREEZING temperatures and this neverending darkness in teh north, because the southern swedes have all this warmth, sun and not a lot of snow really. Anything in sweden below the city "Härnösand" I do not consider have a rough winter.

I live further up than Mr.V, and the winters are in fact depressing to some. The darkness is everywhere, but it is also the charm of the north. However the charm doesn't seem to be liked by many since there's EXTREMLY few people living in the north compared to the south.

Now, there is one slight detail I want to point out: The south of sweden sucks, the southern swedes are weak and I see them as wannabe-swedes. The true swedes dare to come to the north and live through the rough winters. Although now most of them seek homes in big cities where they'll be warm and comfy...weaklings I say! I despise the southern swedes for their cocky attitude, but they having nothing to show for...it's disgusting. They southern ones cant ski, cant put bait on a hook, cant fish, cant hunt, cant disect hunted food so that they can eat it...they claim to be REAL swedes, but they are NOT...they are these city-life scumbags who know NOTHING of nature...NOTHING...and their fucking companies come here to the north, cut down out most ancient forests and leave nothing...not even money, god damn bastards.

If any southern swede here wants to defend him/herself dont bother...you have nothing to show for. I LIVE in the bush, I've seen nature and I love it more than any other material thing, but nature is NOT material now is it? I promise, if you'd come take a walk with me up the mountain here...during the winter or the summer...you'd notice there's something else behind this mask of untamed souls of nature...

If southern swedes want to become swedes, move up here and I'll teach ya some real stuff! The some simple things, but yet so VERY importnat ones! The raging spirit of the northern winter gives me strength Vintersägen! It's a power not to be taken easily...nor spoken about if you have not yet stared into it's eyes!

I'd like to know the position of the swedes who respond to this as well...just for the fun of it. if your below Härnesand...dont bother. I myself am from Abraur!

Best NORTHERN SWEDISH regards!

Nordabrand aka Christopher A.

PS. Nordabrand means Northernfire if anyone is curious...DS.

I can't imagine you are being totally serious, but I send you a whole-hearted fuck you anyway. Who the hell do you think you are? Your views on Sweden are about as ignorant and dumb as they come.

And that reveals your understanding :). David Å...hmm, well...what can I say, obviously one of our more...desctructive citizens...gotta be those as well...

Nordabrand said:
And that reveals your understanding :). David Å...hmm, well...what can I say, obviously one of our more...desctructive citizens...gotta be those as well...

Maybe you should read through your own little essay up there a few times and take some minutes to think about the word "understanding" yourself :)

well as for me and winters, have to get back to you on that later ;) times up..

I live 20km north of stockholm...
But my heart lies in dalarna and above (all my relatives are from these regions). I have nothing against -25 degrees, as long as it doesnt stay that way for several months. I dont call it winter when it is 5 to -10 degrees. But still, I like all seasons for something. spring for its life, and birth. the summer because of the colors and its tender warmness. Autum because its so dark and beautiful sad. I love autum because I get alot deeper within myself these tides of year, I always think of life and death, eternity and the generations of life "past present and future" :p
And winter when everything is shining bright in the gold shimering snow. and its eternal beauty.

The only seasons i hate is the "pre-season", like pre-spring, when everything is wet and gray, neither cold or warm. the same just before winter ...

P.S Fuck U Nordabrand, what do you know about my attitude??? my way of life and my love for nature? do you think you are something special? I have just as much nordic blood as you do! You dont know a shit about me, I dont care if you hate city slickers, so do I, I hate them all and all this stockholm cockines,but you dont know a damm thing about me and the other "southern swedes", probably many of them are more swedish then youll ever will be.

Nah , i prefer the eternal summer here in Puerto Rico. :p

The Norwegian Satanic winter just makes me get in touch with my inner self! Hail unholy winters!

Walk through heavy summer rain or through blizzards in winter fuckin' rulz!

DeathMetal said:
P.S Fuck U Nordabrand, what do you know about my attitude??? my way of life and my love for nature? do you think you are something special? I have just as much nordic blood as you do! You dont know a shit about me, I dont care if you hate city slickers, so do I, I hate them all and all this stockholm cockines,but you dont know a damm thing about me and the other "southern swedes", probably many of them are more swedish then youll ever will be.

Aha okay...yupp, true, right...you'd know a lot living in stockholm about how north really is, eh?

Listen, I do believe there are good southern swedes, really I do, but a lot of the southern swedes are these city-slaggin dicks, am I right? The immigrants are so frusterating...with their graffiti, their fkin hip-hop style with the gangstah neighbourhoods and all that shit...it's just so lame, why'd they bring that here??

Another thing, the south of sweden can be nice, I like the open landscapes with the more colourful nature, to some extent! I do have a stronger bond with the north...since I LIVED here for my entire life, I'd say your comment about me not having northern blood, is as true as Göran Person being devoted to sweden's best...which is NOT true...

Hey, maybe your relatives are of northern spirit and you've got the blood, the spirit and the passion...I'm positive you do, but a lot of the cityfolks dont, eh? There is a BIG difference between the north and the south...can you deny that?? Your more than welcome to move up here as well! We could definently use the people! I think you've gotten my intetions wrong, "he e ju verunne" as we say here in the north...btw, do you fancy the norhern dialect?

Best regards to ya, although you thought I meant ALL southern swedes, which I dont...but you cant deny the fact that a lot of southern swedes, DONT fancy the north much, eh?

So who is the "better" one now ??
The guy living unemployed in the north at his mother´s house or the snob praising the establishment in his fashionable appartment in the capital city ??
Is this really what it is about- are there no other topics to discuss and lets drop the chance that people from all over the old continent gather up here in peace with the same intention ??
Even from your post i wouldnt dare to judge you, no matter where you are from- may it be Taipeh, Bombay, Capetown or La Paz......black, yellow, white, green, amber or just a kid.
I could fire tons of pulver into your direction now if i wanted, but you know what - i´ll give you a hug.

i am from värmland! the greatest woodlands in sweden! here we got almost all of the wolves.. probably norway and värmland who has the biggest forests..
but i dont despise southern sweden..
we are one nation so lets stick together..

nordabrand: do you hate negros, jews to?

nordavind, are you saying that everyone that does not live in the north of sweden knows nothing about hunting, fishing, wildlife and nature?

i feel calm in the woods

Nordabrand said:
Aha okay...yupp, true, right...you'd know a lot living in stockholm about how north really is, eh?

Listen, I do believe there are good southern swedes, really I do, but a lot of the southern swedes are these city-slaggin dicks, am I right? The immigrants are so frusterating...with their graffiti, their fkin hip-hop style with the gangstah neighbourhoods and all that shit...it's just so lame, why'd they bring that here??

Another thing, the south of sweden can be nice, I like the open landscapes with the more colourful nature, to some extent! I do have a stronger bond with the north...since I LIVED here for my entire life, I'd say your comment about me not having northern blood, is as true as Göran Person being devoted to sweden's best...which is NOT true...

Hey, maybe your relatives are of northern spirit and you've got the blood, the spirit and the passion...I'm positive you do, but a lot of the cityfolks dont, eh? There is a BIG difference between the north and the south...can you deny that?? Your more than welcome to move up here as well! We could definently use the people! I think you've gotten my intetions wrong, "he e ju verunne" as we say here in the north...btw, do you fancy the norhern dialect?

Best regards to ya, although you thought I meant ALL southern swedes, which I dont...but you cant deny the fact that a lot of southern swedes, DONT fancy the north much, eh?

Okey, I agree with you about "Asfalts barn"...I hate them.
Lets draw a line over this ok?

I'm so happy I'm not REAL enough to live in the north of Sweden...it would be really a pain in the ass have to share Nature with REAL MEN the kind of Nordabrand. May be they would kick my ass with their sharp axes, heh!